Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help needed please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockerboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help needed please
    Posted: 09 August 2016 at 11:41pm
Hi All,

Ok I've been DJing for thirty years on and off, I'm not a hard core DJ, just good old 50s stuff, I've had few different set up over the years, two decks for vinyl, one mixer, one amp, two speakers, never had any advice on my gear/set up, I wouldn't know a good  quality Amp, speakers, or mixer as its always been about the music then the quality of the gear, if it sounded good then that's been aright for me.

This is the bit where you will give me some stick, my decks/turntables are Kam, had them about 5 years ago and never let me down, the mixer is a Behringer VMX100, speakers are EKHO XL 1500 
passive speakers, (cant even remember what the watt is ) please be gentle with me on the next bit!! my Amp was from ebay again about 6 years back and is a Liquid power LQP-600 it had German writing on the box.

I had a gig last Sunday and the Amp packed up on one side so one speaker stopped, checked the leads, swapped leads so it wasn't that, give the amp a whack and it worked again till half way though gig and it went again, another whack and all ok, anyway bottom line is I need new amp, so again be gentle!!!  but was looking at the Kam KXR pro 2000, views please.

Any advice please on Amps that's ok with my set up, I know my gear is not top notch compared to a lot of yours, but for what I do it suits my venues, and of my pocket.
Many Thanks all

Andy 

imageoven View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imageoven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2016 at 11:08am
That fault could well be a cracked solder joint or similar. so could be an easy fix for a competant engineer.

I don't know that model specificaly but Kam have made some decent budget amps so it may well be alright.
Keep pushing on, things are gonna get better.
rockerboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockerboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2016 at 6:54pm
Hi Imageoven,

Thank you for the reply, much appreciated,  I spoke to someone on the phone regards the Kam amp, and was told not really powerful enough for my speakers, so was told the W-AUDIO XTR 1500 would be better so I brought that one, any reviews on that please would be helpful.

Many thanks

Andy
imageoven View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imageoven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2016 at 7:56pm
Again I don't know that model but I have come across a few w audio amps - I'm afraid I don't think very highly of them from what I've seen.

My advice to people with small budgets is to go for 2nd hand quality over new budget equipment. An old (orange and black) citronic ppx450 would probably be cheaper, louder, better sounding and more reliable and be economic to fix if need be.

Hope your amp does the business for you.

Edited by imageoven - 10 August 2016 at 7:57pm
Keep pushing on, things are gonna get better.
 Post Reply Post Reply