Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FBT pickup K400

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kennyenergy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FBT pickup K400
    Posted: 01 September 2016 at 2:45pm
Hey. I'm new to all this so I hope someone can help me out. I have just bought a pair of FBT pickup K400 pa speakers. As you all probably know they are OLD. I'm not sure how old but I took out the 2 8" drivers and the rubbers were completely perished!
The 15" woofers look good. 
What I need to know is who makes the drivers? I see that the woofers are made by B&C, but the drivers have no name on them!
I would like to attempt to repair the drivers rubber surrounds so I can keep the speakers original.
Anyone have any idea how I can do this?
I can't find any info online.
All I can find on K400's is.....  
> Speaker cabinet > 3-way system with passive filter: 1x15” (380 mm) woofer, 1x8” (200 mm) midrange, horn with dispersion (OxV) 90°x90° plus 1” driver > Available with nominal impedance of 4 Ohms > Recommended amplifier of 400W rms > Short term applicable power (1 sec) 600W rms (IEC 268 - 5) > Frequency response (@ - 10 dB) 50 Hz - 20 kHz > Sensitivity (@ 1W/1m) 99 dB > Maximum SPL 126,5 dB > Crossover frequency 0.8/5.5 kHz > Connecting cables 15 m > Dimensions (WxHxD) 420x710x415 mm > Weight 29 Kg
Also is repairing these speakers a good idea? I'm told FBT are very good, but these are old.
I am enjoying so far. 
I have a chance of buying some faulty EV SX200 speakers next but I need to finish the FBT's 1st.
It's a great hobby, I just need some help.
Thank you in advance
KC

markie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2016 at 3:06pm
You can find rubber surrounds on Ebay and if you check out www.speakerparts.com there's a video to show you how to do it.

As they are quite old you are not likely to find replacement drivers, and even if you did the repair would probably be uneconomical. You might be better off to sell the parts, a pair of 15" B&Cs plus a pair of 1" compression drivers might actually make more on the Bay than a pair of old speakers.
If it's got wheels or tits it's gonna cost a fortune
kennyenergy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kennyenergy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2016 at 5:08pm
Thanks for your quick reply Markie. I see where your coming from about selling the parts. But if I did I would be admitting defeat.
I really would like to try and repair the drivers. I am not scared to have a go.
I am just not sure which rubbers to buy. I have looked on ebay.co.uk and most kits ask which drivers they are for!! The drivers only have some numbers on them!
I don't suppose there is a rubber kit that fits most drivers is there?
Maybe if I could post a picture of the drivers someone might know what they are.
Thanks again
KC
 Post Reply Post Reply