Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I Hate Filling and Sanding!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2007 at 10:30am
Pink Sweep.. Mic was at 2m dunno what the RMS wattage was.. a bit more than 1w tho!

You can see 4 sweeps overlayed in this, was playing about, can't remember what I was changing... but this is after setting the delays but before setting the output levels on the DCX or any EQ... really should have been more scientific about this bit... something to do properly next time... was more interested in listening to music yesterday.

Like I said... still not happy with the setup... gain structure & levels to each amp are wack.

Edited by adambomb - 23 September 2007 at 10:36am
bharling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bharling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2007 at 2:44pm
yep, she looks the business certainly! looking forward to hearing the beast
GIVEorTAKE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GIVEorTAKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2007 at 9:20am
Clapcongratulations !!!

well done ! It looks massive.

so no  Angryfarmer this time...

adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2007 at 2:46pm
Cheers Florian!! You gotta come see / hear it!

Cleared it with the farmer this time, he's not that bad really (when in a good mood)... but still felt guilty running at full power.. so only did short bursts of 10 mins or so.

My neighbours dogs were going absolutly mental, barking like crazy, then every now and again you could hear a wimper as the dogs were 'told' to shut up.. hence the guilt factor.

Packed down just before dark, so that's about 6 hours of disturbance to the naighbours... That's enough I think to be fair.

Can setup and pack down in less than 1 hour...  not bad I think as Jah Tubbys take over 2 hours to setup and they do it most weekends... first time for me.
GIVEorTAKE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GIVEorTAKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2007 at 3:03pm
better safe than sorry with the neighbours!

really need to finish mine (still waiting for a pd154 chassis and then I will have the first one all done+ all the jigs + measures for the other ones), I can feel a massive link up by the end of the year. Gotta sort a venue, I have a contact for a private land around brighton...will keep you updated !

congratulations again, nice work !
Totem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Totem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2007 at 11:04pm
Looks awesome, Adam. Nice work mate. I should imagine that amount of HD's must supply some SERIOUS heavyweight punch to the chest. 
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2007 at 1:20pm
Quote I have a contact for a private land around brighton

Ooh, me and Matieo have another 18 or so HD's with PD154's in about 13 mile radius down here.
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2007 at 8:46pm
Hmmm... I smell a link up.

I am of course, well up for it... on private land, with permission, (and pos a TEN as you KNOW people will hear it miles away).

Edited by adambomb - 25 September 2007 at 8:47pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567