Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

12" Dub plans

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D3aD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 12" Dub plans
    Posted: 07 January 2017 at 10:14pm
So, I have a small sound system with two 18" supersccopers(http://speakerplans.com/index.php?id=18superscooper)
And two 7" mids, four 4" highs and four tweeters.

Im planning on building some 12" boxes to this setup to fill in the gaps between the 18"s and the small 7" mids. I mainly going to use this system for reggae and dub.

Can you guys link me some good boxes that you think will do for my setup for these 12"s ? And of course i will need full details on sizes so i can build it.

Thank you in advance.

Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2017 at 10:52pm
what are the 7" mids [and are you sure they arnt either 6.5" or 8"? never seen any 7s that i know of] what frequency you planning on running these at? [im going to guess at roughly 80-250/300 maybey a bit higher? [ish] what cab type are the mids?
i would guess youd be looking at a reflex cab tho?
sounds like a nice little project :-)
whoops...
edit due to missing this was a post from a new member so edit to include a welcome to the forumBig smile

Edited by Mark James - 07 January 2017 at 10:53pm
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
D3aD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D3aD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2017 at 11:25pm
I dont know everything about these mids because they were the only thing that are not built by me :( but they sound nice and they are very good quality so i built them in :D. They have crossover in them, my best guess is that they are around 70-80 hz to may be more than 500hz, they sound like they do a lot of things :D (edited).
And yes reflex cab with reflex tubes in the front.
And also they are not 7"s but 8"s as you have said.

Edited by D3aD - 07 January 2017 at 11:36pm
D3aD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D3aD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2017 at 11:26pm
Oh and thank you for the warm welcome :DDD
D3aD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D3aD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2017 at 11:28pm
For the 18"s they are 100hz and under
Also x overs for highs are 2000hz and up

Edited by D3aD - 07 January 2017 at 11:40pm
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2017 at 12:26am
what range do you want the 12s to play?
i would probably assume a 12" reflex as your best bet tbh possibly 15s
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
D3aD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D3aD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2017 at 9:03am
Well right now i have left over crossovers that do from 10 Hz to 2500 Hz.
planned drivers:

https://www.thomann.de/gb/precision_devices_pd122.htm
also the cheaper alternative is this: https://www.thomann.de/gb/celestion_tf1225.htm

and im looking at these. The listed range is: 40 Hz - 3500 Hz so i should be fine with 2500.
Also i want a box that has some low end but can do some higher stuff too and are not muffled on those freqs, because these speakers will do almost everything in the mid low range so i need to hear that :).

Edited by D3aD - 08 January 2017 at 9:13am
krazyneil View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krazyneil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2017 at 4:05pm
it sounds like your trying to cover the frequency twice, the 18 subs should run up to 100hz and cross over to a 12" mid say 80-3-500hz with your 8" tops taking over from the 12's ,theres no point running the 12's upto 2000hz ,use a active crossover or dsp to run them
GOD TOLD ME TO DO IT !!!!!
D3aD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D3aD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2017 at 5:15pm
Well yes, true but i had these 10hz-2.5khz crossovers ready it would have been easier on my wallet :(. Btw. Would it take its tall on the speakers if i run them up so high or that low?

So lets say i run these 12" from 80-500 hz as you guys have recomended what boxes or box types am i looking at? Can you guys pass some plans based on this :)?

Thank you for all of your responses.
(Off topic i took a closer look on my 8" they are running up to 1500 hz)
D3aD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D3aD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2017 at 12:55pm
http://celestion.com/speakerworld/downloads/patech/77.pdf

i found this plan for the 12" celestion speakers it looks ok but it is 2 way and i only need the 12"s so i will not build the top part its only going to be 379 mm tall.
Will this be a good box for me?
Can someone with more experience confirm it ?
D3aD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D3aD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2017 at 8:10pm
Please someone throw some 12" reflex box plans at me. That are well designed, i cant trust some random plan on the internet :S. plspls
 Post Reply Post Reply