Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jem Technohaze controller wiring schematic?...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jem Technohaze controller wiring schematic?...
    Posted: 14 January 2017 at 9:49pm
im trying to repair one of the old Jem Technohaze standalone controllers [three pin XLR].

I've established the three pins carry +15v, 0v common and 0-10v variable output from the pot [and the machine needs 1.5-2V on the return line to switch on the heater block]. However, the wiring at the controller end has been fiddled with at some point, as well as a 4th core inside the supply cable being severed at both ends.

So im trying to establish which of the three cores go to which of the 6 pins on the PCB as they have been removed, and 2 out of 3 haven't even got their insulation stripped on the contact. Been trying to trace the tract around but can't make heads nor tails of it?

''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2017 at 11:41am
Can't remember the wiring on these but... it's not a normal 0-10V output, it's pulsed. IIRC, 300mS on 200mS off for maximum output, if you put full 10V you'll get through bucket loads of fluid and won't be able to see anything in the room!  The other pins were used for the other remote that had the second variable resistor installed.

Edited by djeddie - 15 January 2017 at 11:42am
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
amlu View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amlu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2017 at 1:10pm
got a working one here, can open it up and take some pictures if that helps...
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2017 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by amlu amlu wrote:

got a working one here, can open it up and take some pictures if that helps...

yes please that would be great! When you do so please can you check its the same wiring colours on the XLR, be a shame to fry the board if its still operational:

pin1 ground Black
pin2 15v yellow
pin3 0-10v white

If i could get a picture of which cable goes to each pin, and also where the 6pins are soldered onto the PCB, two of my contacts have been soldered together can i double check that is right please?

i owe you!! Cheers, Pat

''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

amlu View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amlu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2017 at 9:07pm
i will crack on tomorrow after work. very tired today got to go dig it out from the storage.
amlu View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amlu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2017 at 9:35pm
full res pictures:
http://nbd.xon.pl/jemremote
by the looks of it you got it messed up on the board-cable connector unless yours xlr is wired differently...
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2017 at 12:11am
well the previous owner sent it out on a job, it broke, and on return his crew said they had 'bridged two pins' to make it work. The owner then looked at it a little since and gave up, and its been sat around ever since. I bought it cheap with half a 2nd machine for spares on the basis i might get it going again.

Looking comparing to yours, your pins 2/3 are also soldered so that's right. I'm going to replace my cable as im thinking that may have been the original issue. Hopefully the machine works still, otherwise this repairs got a whole lot more complex. When my powercon gets delivered ill give it a bash.

Thanks for your help!!

Post Reply Post Reply