Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

15" mids enclosure

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RkH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2017 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by bob4 bob4 wrote:

Originally posted by RkH RkH wrote:

Hi,

I'm asking for your opinions, i think it would go ok, drivers models: subs 2 18" pd18br40, lows 18" Beyma don't rememer de model, mids-high 12" probably some new eminence or fane.

What do you think?

yeah that sounds more sensible! Although I thought the beymas are 15"??

it depends a lot on budget, what size of events etc. you mentioned dub as genre?

you haven't mentioned if you have any kind of amps, processing, mixer or reggae preamp, what kind of playback sources (vinyl/digi?). 

my personal opinion:

Especially if you plan to build up your sound slowly/bit by bit, and your events are not very big, I would again suggest to start three way with 18" scoops + direct radiating (closed box or reflex) 15G300 kick/mid  (~100 Hz - 1000 Hz)  + Hf horn, to gain some experience in the whole process. Use what you have & start simple! 

You can later add some front loaded 12" horns like MT121 to cover 200 - 1000 Hz if you need more output. 

Regardless, you're going to have loads of fun! Beer

Thank you for your response.

We have 2 4-way analog crossovers, te amps are very old and there is not information about them "PROMASTER", but they work good, we've tested with old boxes and the drivers we're talking and sound really good. Total 2ampsx1200w+2x600w+1x300w at 8 ohm. total.
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2017 at 7:48pm

We have 2 4-way analog crossovers, te amps are very old and there is not information about them "PROMASTER", but they work good, we've tested with old boxes and the drivers we're talking and sound really good. Total 2ampsx1200w+2x600w+1x300w at 8 ohm. total.

This would be another point in favor of three-way, you could run it with your present amplification :)
If you want to use your analog crossovers for the system it would be preferable to have direct radiating (reflex or closed box) instead of various horns of different length.

To clarify:

1. what model are your analog crossovers?
2.you already have the hi freq drivers+ horns?
3. you have 4 x beyma 15", but no enclosure yet?
4.  18" subs not built yet?
5. You want to make mono stack or also have the option to do stereo? 

Edited by bob4 - 20 February 2017 at 7:49pm
RkH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RkH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2017 at 11:58am
Originally posted by bob4 bob4 wrote:

This would be another point in favor of three-way, you could run it with your present amplification :)
If you want to use your analog crossovers for the system it would be preferable to have direct radiating (reflex or closed box) instead of various horns of different length.

To clarify:

1. what model are your analog crossovers?
2.you already have the hi freq drivers+ horns?
3. you have 4 x beyma 15", but no enclosure yet?
4.  18" subs not built yet?
5. You want to make mono stack or also have the option to do stereo? 

Yes, in a time we will get the DSP so we can add delays and do a better control on phases. Finally we decided to go without the 15", and now:

1. They're the samson, as i said we will get a DSP in a time so we can control better de crossover freq. and add delays. Is it good idea to add a analog cross after de dsp? so we can do a total bypass faster than on the digital one.
2. Yes, look the other post. I sent a detail image from the 3D.
3. No, we had 2 full range boxes and inside them, only one is beyma, the others are not labeled so i think they're no beyma.
4. No, we we'll do a scoop with the current drivers and we will add the 1850 in a time.
5. I have an option for stereo, each cross is 4 way mono or 3 stereo, i can do a sound chain and go out with 5 stereo (mixing them) or 4 stereo (using them as mono). What configuration should fit better?

And now my opinion, the samson analog have delay control in the first band, in son in 4 ways mono only i can affect the subs, but if i atack the input of the second with the output of the first highs, i can control delays on mids. Do you think this is tricky or just useless? The question is 4 or 5 ways? I never said i was gonna use 3, i have more amps and crossovers outputs and the needed equipment.

Edited by RkH - 22 February 2017 at 12:00pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12