Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2.1
    Posted: 09 March 2017 at 9:03pm
slaz View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2017 at 10:25am
Never used one, but looked into them a bit.

They provide zero info on xover ..... I reckon  there's no HPF at all on the 2 main channels, and the 1 x sub-woofer o/p probbaly has fixed LPF (slope ? - who knows ?) at about 80Hz or so (who knows ?)

Thats it. There meant for home cinema/home hi-fi.

REMEMBER....POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON
studio45 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studio45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2017 at 4:47pm
Yes, I bought one of the bare boards - Sound quality is really great on main LR channels, but as suspected the crossover filtering is inadequate. There is no highpass on main LR, and the "sub" lowpass is just a 6dB slope starting at about 200Hz. So lots of low mid comes thru the sub, makes it very muddy unless you use some kind of really tight bandpass box. All tiny SMD components under the heatsink...If I want to make it work right, I'm likely to just bodge-wire-bypass that 6dB filter and drive the thing from an external crossover, I think.
Studio45 - Repairs & Building Commotion Soundsystem -Mobile PA
barrymossel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barrymossel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2017 at 5:26pm
Have a few of those bare boards and they sound pretty good for a non-audiophile. Me and my family&friends love the sound of it...
 Post Reply Post Reply