Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Looking For Desk Recommendations

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jo bg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 2:47pm
hi
i looked at the signature series little mixers too, some nice features packed but not very upgradable!
you have effects, two super simple compressors and parametric mids on stereo pairs which is nice but
-no inserts on input means no right way to use real external compressors or similar effects
-no insert on main out (or bus out or aux out) so can't insert eq or master compressor or whatever without having it in line and having to constantly fiddle with volume
-no direct outs, a feature i like to use to pass effects through channel strips.
-only one main output plus headphones, no analog alternative out or monitor out or mono out or rec out
-no master balance options (just one single stereo fader)

if you don't need groups take a look at allen and Heath zed14. i'd go with the non fx version to get one more aux channel but it's up to you. monitor out is on rca sadly but inserts on mono channels and main out. and i've touched both, the a&h feels way better built than the soundcraft  on this particular products.

By the way before buying go through the manual and block diagram. i gave for granted that stereo jack inputs were balanced, but in fact on most small consoles they are unbalanced and sometimes you can upgrade them to balanced. 

or if you are ready to jump digital there's a berry xr12 for you with all the magic and more. download the app and have a play... but for serving the djs at small level where you don't need a ton of outboard i value more having an analog board with faders i can hang on quickly than the infinite possibilities of digital  - of course for mixing bands i love x32 capabilities. 
 i went the crest x20r route in the end but it's an higher level of board and price.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12