Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DSP options - Sure Audio DSP?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natedub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2018 at 6:15pm
I am trying to set a basic limiter on my sure adau1701 board but am struggling to set it up. Even a basic peak limiter would be good. The more I read the more confused I become LOL Does anyone have any examples or tips for this? Thanks
carlosdelondres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlosdelondres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2018 at 6:53pm
What aspect of the setup are you having trouble with? Have you got the rest of the crossovers etc. working ok? Can you upload your sigma studio project file somewhere and link to it, will try to take a look...
Natedub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natedub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2018 at 8:35pm
Thanks for your responseand apologies for my late reply! Yes everything else is working great. Only using it as a crossover and basic parametric. I want to add a limiter but havent a clue LOL The rms limiter requires an external input? how do I connect this? An example of a limiter setup or explaination of the settings/ inputs would be ideal. 

Edited by Natedub - 23 April 2018 at 10:19pm
fatfreddiescat View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatfreddiescat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2018 at 9:03am
carlosdelondres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlosdelondres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2018 at 1:45pm
Have you looked at the peak rms limiter page in the Sigma Studio wiki?

https://wiki.analog.com/resources/tools-software/sigmastudio/toolbox/dynamicsprocessors/peakrmscombonogain

The settings are explained there fairly clearly, and there is an example showing the connections and how to set up a stereo limiter to act on the larger signal of the stereo pair.

You use the graph on the limiter gui to set the threshold, then tweak the other settings as you like. I think I left them as they were apart from the RMS TC and Hold parameters, which I set according to the hpf of the band being limited.

Seems to work, but others may have better knowledge, I haven't spent any time analysing the signal to see how the limiter is actually working...
Natedub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natedub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2018 at 11:11pm
Thank you, had a good read and seems to make sense. Will have a play with it and see how I get on.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234