Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wide Dispersion mid / High PA speaker

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edbence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wide Dispersion mid / High PA speaker
    Posted: 25 April 2017 at 10:12pm
Hi, after having quite a few PA speakers i'm toying with the idea of building my own and want to start with the mid/high. The room in which I usually play is exceptionally wide and I have had trouble with previous PA systems being muddy at either end of the room as the stage is in the middle. I am looking for ideas to make some pole mounted speakers covering mid and high frequencies and will make some simple 15" bass reflex cabs later. my thoughts currently are some sort of column array with additional HF reinforcement to get rid of the lack that the bose L1 suffers from or perhaps using something like 2x 8" coaxial drivers each mounted at an angle to gain the horizontal dispersion I need. I have no particular budget quality and the look of it is key I would also never use them as full range so would always be used with bass cabs. they will be used for Disco, cabaret singing, and the occasional band. current system is 2 x rcf 710 and 1x rcf 8003 sub.
Any advice is appreciated
Thanks Edward
 Post Reply Post Reply