Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

xta limiter settings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Natty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: xta limiter settings
    Posted: 27 April 2017 at 2:10pm
I need some help to be sure to not make big mistake, and ive still some mess in my mind about gain, headroom, db, dbu...etc etc. 
 the only parameter that the user can set is the thresholds gain parameter, and the docs suggest this approach:  

1.  First, check the RMS power rating of the speaker system, and its impedance. 
  2. Look up this value in the table above, using the closest value below the rated power of the speaker system. Note the corresponding ‘dB’ value. 
  3. Check the gain of your amplifier, which needs to be in ‘dB’.
  4.  Subtract this gain figure from the dB value obtained from the table to find the required absolute setting for the limiter thresholds. 
and the table

the real case:
  1. my speakers are 1200W rms at 8ohm, but I use them 2 as in parallel so I've to consider like a only speaker of 2400W rms at 4ohm?
  2. the closest "value" depend on the question before, so it can be 42db row or 32db row
  3. my amp is the k10 powersoft (please do not tell me to set the limiter from powersoft dsp, ive the version without it), so readind the manual i found that, are them the right value that im looking for? and how can I determine wich one is applied in my "real case"
  4. the final is depending from the choice from before...
thanks t anyone that can help me

_Natty_ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Natty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2017 at 11:54am
i dont know if is the raight path:

-im using k10 at 4ohm

-input sens is 6,34V
-output is 200V

should be something like in the papers: 30.457575db

sound familiar? did i choose the rights inputs parameters?
Hvedstrup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hvedstrup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2017 at 7:44pm
Hi a K10 set to a standard 32db gain would give you +10 on your limiter for a rms setting. 

This could be loosened up a bit for a dynamic signal since the rule is 2-2,5x the rms power of your speakers to give headroom for big dynamic peaks. 

Your boxes are 2400 watt RMS and a k10 is 4000 watts into 4 ohms. You should just set your limiter to ensure that it the K10 stays just below clip and you are all good. 
 Post Reply Post Reply