Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

USB BIN best suited driver.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeruSound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: USB BIN best suited driver.
    Posted: 04 May 2017 at 9:47am
Hi guys, it's few years i'm dealing with soundsystem and leak of money doesn't let me test everything i would.
I now own 2 USB BIN, built by me as the project say.
I use them upon HogScoops, so u know what i want (80 - 150), like good kicks but also want that bassy sound could melt propely with Hogs below. My research already started...

This is the list of drivers i tested on it with the correlated judgement:

18Sound 18LW1250:  Qms:8   Qts:0,27     BL:23,6   Vas:268   Fs:35
Sounded a little bit uncontrolled, the horn were "rumbling" .. Not that much suitable for my use, also kicks where almost coered by the bad performance.

18Sound 18W2000 Qms:7,29   Qts:0,25     BL:27   Vas:230   Fs:37
Maybe the best driver i tested on it. Good kick and good bassy sound, also the upper frequency sounded good. Just a little bit of highers where sounding "false" and very low amount of "rumblings"

B&C 18PZB100 Qms:8.8   Qts:0,24     BL:26   Vas:297   Fs:30
The one i mount now. Maybe the best kick, but it looses himself on bassy somehow i cant explain. It started again doing a little bit of rumblings but very low compared to 18sound 18LW1250.

I would like to try also higher Qt drivers, but don't know if that could be a way and i don't want to waste that much money on it again. I can say that es18BPH sounds great with PZB100 and the plan is almost the same, but to me it still miss shape. What u suggest?
 Post Reply Post Reply