Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Roots n Culture Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SKY 824 10pm

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SKY 824 10pm
    Posted: 11 May 2017 at 5:30pm
Southall Sound Systems
It's everything, not everythink!
IainB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 8:48pm
Pants that appears to be a Sky only channel Cry damn you Virgin Media!
BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 12:17am
As soon as they have channel agreements with their rivals, Sky also have a history of starting new channels that aren't covered by the agreement - viz. Sky Atlantic

But this is most likely BritAsia deciding that they can do without VM, and BT as well; moan at them here

http://britasia.tv/contact-us-

Personally I find VM more reliable then Sky ever was.

fat_brstd View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fat_brstd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 6:59am
Did anyone watch this? I would love to get a copy as I couldnt tune in from Australia.
Adrians Wall Sound System
Melbournes Rootical Warrior
Roots - Dub - Steppers

facebook page
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 8:43am
It was Sky free to air, and yes damn ANYTHING Virgin.

Documentary was a third rate missed opportunity. Almost no footage. Just a ton of interviews with faces that were repetitive and marred by low budget wind affected audio.

No box building, no pics of setup, maybe 60 secs of dance.

Utter Dead
BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by nickyburnell nickyburnell wrote:

It was Sky free to air, and yes damn ANYTHING Virgin.

Documentary was a third rate missed opportunity. Almost no footage. Just a ton of interviews with faces that were repetitive and marred by low budget wind affected audio.

No box building, no pics of setup, maybe 60 secs of dance.

Utter Dead

Sounds like anybody who didn't see it dodged a bullet LOL

Free-to-air or not, the owner of the channel decides from which sources their channel is available.

Virgin??
  • Never tried their planes.
  • Trains - so, so.
  • Money, not tried yet but I'm a Co-op bank customer so may be doing do soon Shocked
  • Mobile, really pi$$ed off that they won't stop sending me post to try their service when they can't nearly match the prices that I get from Vodafone as a (very) long-term customer.
  • Broadband.  Superb, just switched from 200MB to 300MB, 4 times faster than Sky on a good day and 10 times faster than Sky normally are (my daughter has Sky and is plagued by problems - and inertia to change it); I monitor Virgin for SamKnows am emailed a monthly report card re. my line performance and it's rarely less then perfect.
  • TV.  We had Sky and VM together for a long time and had to take out insurance on the Sky box for any problems after the first year.  Virgin just take care of a problem if it arises.  Dumped Sky three years ago and for 5 months were consistently hassled by phone calls asking us to go back until I went postal over the 'phone to a supervisor.  Upgraded to the Virgin V6 box when it was launched and it's a revelation as to how these boxes should run, it's quick and the remote is RF rather than infra-red so no wildly pointing it at the box Smile

I'm a pragmatist.  Can't stand Branson, but am an enthusiast of some of his services.

nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 9:03pm
Can't do pragmatism with some. Makes life awkward but hey :)

Alleged stories of no capacity so take new business and cut off someone, but that was third hand to me so ALLEGED.

Back on subject, lousy documentary that should have been on radio.

Edited by nickyburnell - 12 May 2017 at 9:07pm
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 2:12pm

must be a recordin floatin around sum where Smile
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
 Post Reply Post Reply