Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

13a...32a...can someone explain?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingGwarn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 13a...32a...can someone explain?
    Posted: 15 May 2017 at 1:58pm
Afternoon...

Electronics is one subject I don't know enough about and whilst Google reveals the basics pretty quickly, it doesn't tell me much about how it varies in sound systems so thought I'd ask here...

All my amps use 13a/house-style plugs...on bass duty is a QSC RMX 4050 running two Fane 1000-XBs on kicks and a Proline 3000 running two V18-1000 loaded hogs. I'm under the impression that switching to 16/32a for the hogs is a good idea, but can someone briefly explain the benefits/what will happen if I use a different plug?

Also, if I am to switch sockets, I will more than likely be in some spaces where the standard plugs are required...so are adapters okay or would it be better to just rewire the plug for the night?

I don't have a distro board either...not sure how that affects the use of different plugs...maybe I should learn how to make one...

Cheers!

Edited by KingGwarn - 15 May 2017 at 1:59pm
Soundman inna Brighton town
King Gwarn Sound System
m0gsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m0gsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 2:04pm
It's as simple as the plug is rated to carry a specific amount of current safely without melting/catching fire.

I've seen 13a plugs with the fuses removed melt/stick to sockets before with alot of rig attached. If you've got a 13a fuse in the plug top that should protect the plug from overload so you have nothing to worry about if you're not popping fuses.

Post Reply Post Reply