Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

6mm wood inserts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 6mm wood inserts
    Posted: 19 May 2017 at 10:49pm
Tonights stupid question!
Im using 6mm wood inserts, as these are screwed in, im assuming they are fitted on the speaker side rather than the opposite side as you would a pronged T nut?
Otherwise if they were installed the same side as a T Nut tightening the speaker has the potential to unscrew the insert (I really shouldnt post after a drink)
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 11:19pm
Might be reverse threaded, if so same insert side as bolt and they will both tighten together. Should be obvious looking at them
IainB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 11:27pm
Havent even checked that yet to be honest (they are still in the packet!), it just popped into my head as im dry building the first box tomorrowConfused and the cubo kick has a baffle over half the speaker opening so was planning how to attach everything in my head and on multiple bits of paper!
On the upside, reasonably happy with my cuts earlier, so thats a good start

Edit - checked, these dont appear to be a reverse thread, so will be going speaker side (ever wish you could delete a post?)

Edited by IainB - 19 May 2017 at 11:40pm
 Post Reply Post Reply