Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What are these front loaded horns?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick.frost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What are these front loaded horns?
    Posted: 01 June 2017 at 3:37pm
Hi everyone, a bit of a newbie here.

I've been given two of these front loaded mid cabs, unloaded and with no details.
Does anyone know:

- What they are?
- Suitable drivers?
- If they are worth anything? (condition is obviously quite bad)

Please note that they have holes for a 10" driver and oddly holes for a 12" driver (these holes look like a bodge to fit a 12" in)

Cheers for your time

Frosty

Jack of all trades, master of none
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2017 at 3:49pm
martin ladyshaves? forget the proper name for them..
madboffin View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madboffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2017 at 3:52pm
They look like Eastmill mids to me. CT (Christmas Tree) Series...
nick.frost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick.frost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2017 at 4:18pm
Cheers guys. That's something to work with. I've already started googling Easymill and
martin ladyshaves so will take me a while to get through that :)
Cheers
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2017 at 4:26pm
the boffin is probably right.
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2017 at 6:01pm
Yes--Definitely Eastmill mid horns that were factory fitted with custom built 9" ATC drivers with a built in phase bung so totally different to all the other horn loaded mid cabinets as they were the only speakers where the bung was fitted to the driver and not to the horn or cabinet baffle.
Unless you can find some original drivers then they are pretty useless really, but I have seen bodges in the past where people have managed to cobble an 8" driver inside and used them without the phase bungs.
If you want to go down the 8" driver route then I have some 8" phase bungs here with oversize flanges and back bowl covers if they are any use to you.

Edited by Robbo - 01 June 2017 at 6:03pm
discosucks View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote discosucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2017 at 6:06pm
nice grass!!
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2017 at 4:57pm
if the above is correct couldnt atc in stroud possibly help finding either some original drivers or a suitable alternative ? unlikely but worth an ask
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2017 at 6:56pm
if an 8" fits these horns should be quite usable for diy, say 600-2500ish hz using something like the celestion tf0818mr, paired with a mt121 with budget driver or a cheap 215 reflex and a 1" comp like de250 on a 60x40ish flare?

nick.frost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick.frost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2017 at 11:51am
Hi Chaps

Cheers for the replies, there's some great info here.

bass*en*mass & Robbo thats really useful info. I'll have a think about how to proceed as it would be quite a bit of work to get them up to scratch. I'll post an update in a few weeks when I decide :)

Thanks again
 Post Reply Post Reply