Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Martin Audio H350 Restoration

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2018 at 10:48am
Looking at the photos closely on the ones you have bought Chris, the handles have 'ML' painted onto them in several places....these probably belonged to ML Executives at some time past,which would explain the flying rings added too.
Be seeing you.
Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2018 at 11:22am
I would take my hat off to eBay if they ever developed an AI that could reliably recommend a "similar item" for half the stuff people on here use it for.
Phase 1: Post on Speakerplans
Phase 2: ?????
Phase 3: Profit!
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2018 at 11:38am
A freind was looking for a Plate vibrator to do his driveway with, well you can imagine what happened when ebay sent him a 'similar item'. What could possibly go wrong? LOL
Be seeing you.
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2018 at 12:02pm
Sorry guys but all of the Martin Audio badges are now spoken for---just in case I do come across any more, I will post them on here again--Cheers--John.
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2018 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

A freind was looking for a Plate vibrator to do his driveway with, well you can imagine what happened when ebay sent him a 'similar item'. What could possibly go wrong? LOL
I believe you.... I really do! 
He just couldn't remember the word "aggregator" could he.. WinkWink
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2018 at 4:22am

How embarrassing!
Phase 1: Post on Speakerplans
Phase 2: ?????
Phase 3: Profit!
thomed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thomed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2020 at 6:33am
jbl_man do you know if that horn lens is a proprietary design and made only for Martin? If so, do you happen to know who was the manufacturer doing the work at that time? I am currently looking for a pair of these lenses for a restoration project. Haven’t had any luck sourcing a pair in my location even though I used to see a lot of these HF-2 horns used in the Modular System that the bar bands used to tour with in the 80’s and 90’s. Any info would be greatly appreciated. 
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2020 at 10:54am
The Martin horn, (HF2) was their own cast alluminium one. It is the same one fitted in the modular system,and their bigger monitors. Only option would be to find some used ones, they rarely pop up on ebay, but keep checking from time to time. Have you tried emailing Martin themselves,on the off-chance they have a few laying forgotten in a storeroom somewhere?
Be seeing you.
madboffin View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madboffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2020 at 8:17pm
Failing any turning up on ebay, I think your only hope is that somebody will have a couple of redundant ones lying around in a corner of a warehouse somewhere. Maybe left over from a dismantled speaker system; they were used in LE600 wedge monitors, H350's, FR3 and HF2 top boxes, and a few custom systems.

The cast horns were manufactured, to Martin's design, by a small company in Mitcham called Wallace Engineering. But that was over 30 years ago...

thomed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thomed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2020 at 2:51am
Thank you jbl_man!!!! Greatly appreciate all your expertise and information with regards to the inquiries into sourcing the horn lenses. I have an email into Martin Audio now to see if they have a pair tucked away on a shelf in the warehouse somewhere by chance but that’s a real long shot. I will keep my search engines running for all things Martin related to the restoration such as badges, horns, drivers, etc. Also, if any members here have any spare parts feel feee to reach out and send me a message. Again, a big thank you for all your time and information and if you have any leads or catch an auction on your side of the pond that I may not see or missed please feel free to send me a message anytime. 
Digbethdave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digbethdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2023 at 3:50pm
I've just posted a pair of H350's for sale on FB market place.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345