Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

12v minirig for drum and bass

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arjo93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 12v minirig for drum and bass
    Posted: 02 June 2017 at 1:23pm
Hey guys,

I'm completely new to this but i wanted to try and build my own small rig to play anything from dub to dnb. I was hoping you'd be able to point me in the right direction- what i should look for in the speakers and materials, places to get them, plans etc
I only really want the speakers for my room or parties, so ideally i'd like to be able to connect decks to them as well as just a phone or laptop.
any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers :)
XentriK Sound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XentriK Sound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2017 at 2:22pm
To start off with... whats your rough budget? are you planning on building the cabinets yourself? how big of a system are you after? size / crowd?

I've recently gone for a pair of tham 12's loaded with oberton 12b450 and a pair of void mycro 10's.

Theyre powered by 'vibe' 12v amplifiers and are running straight from 12v 110ah batteries

Devon Based Soundsystem.

https://www.facebook.com/XentriKSoundEvents/
arjo93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arjo93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2017 at 8:13pm
I'm not sure on the budget yet, as I'd just like to get an idea of what I need to build the sound system. I'd be looking at building the cabinets myself, probably playing for quite small crowds but in open spaces. I think the actual scoops would be in between 700mm and 1000mm high, but depending on costs etc
Ganon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ganon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2017 at 2:57pm
If you want something portable, take a look at the Boominator, a great project to get in touch with the speaker building world :)
Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2017 at 11:09pm

12v minirig for drum and bass 

Quote I think the actual scoops would be in between 700mm and 1000mm high
Well, that escalated quickly!
 Post Reply Post Reply