Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stereo to Mono? Help Preamp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duppy conqueror Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2017 at 10:16pm
Thanks!

I have a soldering iron and stuff but Im a beginner so Im always a little bit afraid of doing stuff like that but I think Im going to goíve it a try.

If that doesnt work for me that cheap soundlab mixer would work great I think..

Thanks again
valve head777 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote valve head777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2017 at 10:18pm
You learn by doing, so DO 😀
Freedom of choice, choice of freedom.
dj jammin View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dj jammin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2017 at 12:02pm
^ yes practice the soldering etc..  a useful skill to have..
Reverence Sound system

duppy conqueror View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duppy conqueror Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2017 at 12:17pm
When I cut open the cheap mono cable I had home it looked like this:
I was expecting two cables as your picture. but instead it was one cable in the middle and copper treads around it... what is what. Maybe I need a new cable?

Miles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2017 at 12:33pm
you know nanopre has also a fullrange output Clap

www.swamp.net.au/swamp-content/articles/cables-connectors-analog-audio-signal-types-explained.html
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2017 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by duppy conqueror duppy conqueror wrote:

When I cut open the cheap mono cable I had home it looked like this:
I was expecting two cables as your picture. but instead it was one cable in the middle and copper treads around it... what is what. Maybe I need a new cable?

That's what normal mono cable looks like - the centre carries the signal and the the copper wrapped around it is the ground. It's constructed this way so the ground acts as a shield and blocks some potential sources of noise from reaching the signal carrying conductor.
matty w View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matty w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2017 at 6:29pm
As has been said , u can't just join the two outputs together without a mixer or the circuit that had been suggested !

Not quite sure Evan after correctly summed what the resultant signal will be like with the two filters in line doing nothing lol

Are you sure the high pass and low pass are exact opposites , presumably they are !

Take it your trying to save having to use an extra amp or is it that your passives do a better job than the non definable pre amp outs ?
I could never live with a reggae preamp haha
Black to black , red to red , blue to bits ....

duppy conqueror View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duppy conqueror Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2017 at 7:05pm
Thank you

This is what I did and it works :)
there should be no signal/volume loose right?

Thanks again

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12