Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LED Battons to replace 8ft Flouro T12s

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LED Battons to replace 8ft Flouro T12s
    Posted: 15 June 2017 at 3:22am
So I'm in the market for 10x LED Light battons, ideally 6ft and ideally nice looking. Looking for around 70w, or around the 4.5-5k lumens output with a colour temp of around 4-5k or normal white.

Are they any good yet?
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2017 at 4:46pm
If this is t replace fluorescent tubes then be careful of the drivers used in the lamp.
Our elderly neighbours had an 8ft kitchen light which I struggled to find a normal fluorescent tube to replace, so I rewired the fitting and put in an LED one with driver on board.
They've had awful trouble with interference on their radio ever since when the light is on, and after reading up a bit, seems its a problem with some lamps. I added some chokes but its actually the driver in the lamp that's the problem. Could be a switching frequency or something.

In terms of light its bloody fantastic.

P.S. is the 6ft in the post and the 8ft in the title just to see who is paying attention? Can I claim my prize yet?
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2017 at 5:06pm
The current fixtures are 8ft T12s. They are costly, inefficient and get more and more pricey to replace. I am looking to replace them with 6ft fixtures :)

Post Reply Post Reply