Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ES18 BPH X Floodlights...Best Settings???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sim=bient Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ES18 BPH X Floodlights...Best Settings???
    Posted: 16 June 2017 at 4:32pm
What's the verdict on what sounds best when crossing the ES18 BPH to Floodlights?

A: Cross @ 180hz (Keep the 12" Drivers full power) Does the ES18 really should shite X at 180hz???

B: Cross @ 150hz (Reduce power in the 12")

Turbosound themselves advise crossing at 150hz for the TSW-721 however for the TSW218 they advise 180hz.

Drivers used: ES18's loaded with Omega Pro 

Thanks for any info! 

Edited by Sim=bient - 16 June 2017 at 8:32pm
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2017 at 5:31pm
i'd keep the 12s crossed at 180,and play with crossing the es18s lower.. 140-160.. experiment and see what sounds best. there won't be a perceivable hole in the response really.
Sim=bient View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sim=bient Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2017 at 8:25pm
Ideal thanks for that, a decent approach!  

Guess it's experimentation time then!
Sypa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2017 at 8:57pm
I run that combo , always run different settings tbh
But i think best is es18 to 150 keep the flood normal 180hz and then some eq round 125hz to keep out the honk. But it all depends on the music , if its repetitive technoish stuff with just es18 and floods ( without subs) i would cut the es round 120-130 and the hole didnt bother me much. Try , experiment after all every driver also reacts differently so theres also that.
Sim=bient View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sim=bient Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2017 at 1:10am
Sound!

I had a pair of Ohm TRS218 before which sounded great with the floods but they are huge and quite often I need to scale things down a bit for 3/4 days on solar hence acquiring ES18's instead which can be run 1 a side if needed. 

So the honk which was immediately noticeable in comparison to the Ohms was quickly eq'ed out with a para. think my notch is a little lower though perhaps 115.

Which drivers are your ES loaded with Sypa? Just as a reference against the Omega I have loaded in mine. oh and thanks for the info, you guys are very helpful!  Big smile...

njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2017 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by cravings cravings wrote:

i'd keep the 12s crossed at 180,and play with crossing the es18s lower.. 140-160.. experiment and see what sounds best. there won't be a perceivable hole in the response really.

^^This, I wouldn't cross any es18 type cab higher than 150 personally, I find things get very honky, very quickly! 
  And I've found from experience Omegas work very well in this type cab, very hard hitting but still able to produce a surprising amount of bottom end.
Sypa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2017 at 4:31am
Hey sorry forgot to reply , bnc 18tbx100.
 Post Reply Post Reply