Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

help with attaching speaker to platform

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ambientvoid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help with attaching speaker to platform
    Posted: 22 June 2017 at 10:54am
So I have a Wharfedale Pro Titan 12 speaker that I want to bolt on to a flat piece of wood in the bottom of a trailer, as the speaker will be close to the ground i want to position it on its side and tipped back so that the sound is projected diagonally upwards and outwards from the trailer. It has 3 built-in bolt holes along one side (for the purpose of hanging) and I figure I could mount it with those bolt holes but the holes are at an angle to the shelf in this position so how do I go about accurately marking out and drilling the angle and location of the holes I need to go through the shelf?
(the bottom 2 pictures show the 3 holes with covers on, for mounting purposes the side with the holes would be facing down)

EDIT: i posted in the wrong forum section by mistake, can this be moved?

Edited by ambientvoid - 22 June 2017 at 11:05am
bitSmasher View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2017 at 12:22pm
A quick and rough method would be then aluminum strip, bent in to place. Use dense foam on the underside to help keep the box in place and dampen any bouncing / vibration
https://www.instagram.com/batteryacidsoundsystem/
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2017 at 12:55pm
If it is a cheap and cheerful type install, I'd just drill a few holes and put zip ties around the handle through the shelf. It won't be going anywhere. Put a bit of foam between it and the shelf to isolate the cab as suggested above.
ambientvoid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ambientvoid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2017 at 1:35pm
i was so focused on the bolt holes i forgot about the handle, i would prefer a more permanent solution but i quite like the idea of zip tying the handle down. also i don't know how well it would work but i was looking at an eyebolt hinge on a gate, i wonder if i could use 2 eyebolts joined with a normal bolt to attach the single central bolt hole to a vertically drilled bolt hole in the shelf? combined with the zip tied handle that might be fairly secure...
 Post Reply Post Reply