Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hill Power Cube

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duke-stanton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2022 at 1:50pm
I’ve got 12 18” and 6 tops,

Anyone know how much power they’d need?
Meat Substitute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meat Substitute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2022 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by kedwardsleisure kedwardsleisure wrote:

Quote I had some of the chameleon amps. they were a symphony of hot melt glue, cable ties and cable tie bases with the sticky foam on the bottom holding everything together

Yes, Volt co-ax. Put it this way. The compression driver is hot-melted onto the back of the woofer. The crossover is then hot-melted onto the back of the CD magnet. The heatsink is hot-melted onto the rear of the cabinet. Amp parts are hot-melted, siliconed and screwed onto that at jaunty angles. The power supply components are (seemingly) randomly hot-melted at jaunty angles in various parts of the cabinet. The components are joined together with something resembling one of those bags of Multi-coloured Aldi Tagliatelli.

You can imagine what happens when the CD falls off the back of the woofer and rattles around inside the cabinet like one of those pucks that they use on an air hockey table.

I would've taken pics but I'd already put it back together before anyone came in.

Thank you for that, been an absolute stinker of a day and that's probably the funniest description I've heard in a while.
Battered View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Battered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2022 at 12:29am
Originally posted by Duke-stanton Duke-stanton wrote:

I’ve got 12 18” and 6 tops,

Anyone know how much power they’d need?

All of it Thumbs Up
Touching cloth at 200 mph
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12