Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Technics SL1210 Target lamp

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeypuzzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Technics SL1210 Target lamp
    Posted: 04 July 2017 at 7:06pm
Can anyone point me in the right direction to a well priced replacement lamp? Just need the capsule on a wire ideally, seen loads that are mega bucks and can't find the voltage mentioned anywhere... Did a strip down and clean of one of mine a while ago and it's time to put it back together.....

Cheers.
blah blah blah blah blah......
KingGwarn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingGwarn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2017 at 7:32pm
Don't get a lamp...get an LED!

Search on eBay...technics target light...different colours to choose from
Soundman inna Brighton town
King Gwarn Sound System
JR.junior View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JR.junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2017 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by monkeypuzzle monkeypuzzle wrote:

Can anyone point me in the right direction to a well priced replacement lamp? Just need the capsule on a wire ideally, seen loads that are mega bucks and can't find the voltage mentioned anywhere... Did a strip down and clean of one of mine a while ago and it's time to put it back together.....

Cheers.

I bought mine here.
http://www.juno.co.uk/products/technics-neon-lamp/227423-01/
Support the scoop technology, larger mouth plays louder!
GAZ. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAZ. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2017 at 8:58pm
I have access to Panasonic spares account at work if you wanted a genuine replacement.
100% Earth Moving Bass
monkeypuzzle View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeypuzzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2017 at 12:11am
Cheers folks, did an ebay search before but only seemed to find ones at around £20, got some LED ones ordered now.
blah blah blah blah blah......
Sapro2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sapro2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2017 at 11:55am
Originally posted by monkeypuzzle monkeypuzzle wrote:

Cheers folks, did an ebay search before but only seemed to find ones at around £20, got some LED ones ordered now.

I too have just ordered some LED replacements from the bay having read this thread. Thankyou all.
Splat Soundsystem
Baby Sham pram Soundsystem
Sapro - SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/sapro
DJ Sapro. West country free party DJ and Producer.
JR.junior View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JR.junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2017 at 8:13am
I love the soft original bulb light..
Support the scoop technology, larger mouth plays louder!
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2017 at 10:19am
is that LED a drop-in replacement? I attempted an LED replacement 10 years ago, but I had trouble bending the feet of the LED to point the LED in the right direction. Very fiddly process, it worked for some time, but ultimately it just snapped Ouch

the whole target light mechanism is a bit weird really, if not assembled properly it hacks into the target light cable like a guillotine Angry 

Edited by bob4 - 13 July 2017 at 10:20am
Sapro2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sapro2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2017 at 11:18am
Originally posted by bob4 bob4 wrote:

is that LED a drop-in replacement? I attempted an LED replacement 10 years ago, but I had trouble bending the feet of the LED to point the LED in the right direction. Very fiddly process, it worked for some time, but ultimately it just snapped Ouch

the whole target light mechanism is a bit weird really, if not assembled properly it hacks into the target light cable like a guillotine Angry 

It said that it is a drop in replacement but two leds (and resistors to match existing light specs) were 4.95 so................
I will keep you informed when it turns up and I have time to make the change.
Splat Soundsystem
Baby Sham pram Soundsystem
Sapro - SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/sapro
DJ Sapro. West country free party DJ and Producer.
service dept Steve View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote service dept Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2017 at 8:39am
The problem with replacing the light is that it has a 20 (or so) volt supply so you are looking for a 24 v bulb or a 12v one with a dropping resistor, But I fitted a led version for a customer recently, it was drop in and uses a pair of smt leds, sadly the neon blue version he supplied was disgusting and we agreed that I would use white leds on the board, the only modification that was needed was to remove the resistor across the switch. Anyway, it looked good and was pretty effective.
We are not "They", We are "The others"http://www.servicedept.co.uk -
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2017 at 1:20am
Damnit I just ordered 4 pairs of blue ones.
 Post Reply Post Reply