Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

THREE WAY SOUND SYSTEM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepastor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: THREE WAY SOUND SYSTEM
    Posted: 05 July 2017 at 5:00pm
Hello,
a little question for you...i am thinking to build an old school looking three way reggae sound system,
now i have 4 eminence scoop with pd1850, 4 pd 121 and 4 eminence compression driver, would be a good idea run 4 pd 121 in a reflex box to cover 90hz - 2khz area?
pd 121 simulation on precision devices site seems to have a drop on 100 hz - 200 hz area in a 35hz tuned reflex box, (maybe solvable with a bit of equalization) but my worries are about xmax in that area (pd 121 max are 2.7 mm)
thanks in advance!

p.s: music are mostly ska, rocksteady and '60 reggae so i don't need a lot of kick  
Sirius Sounds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sirius Sounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2017 at 1:28am
I would push the scoops a fair bit higher and put the pd121 into sealed boxes if the drivers are suited to it. I run 12 inch drivers in sealed boxes from about 180 hz to about 1.8 khz and it sounds ace.

It's the quietest band of my system but still each driver keeps pace with a double 15 semi horn loaded kick.

Post Reply Post Reply