Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

C-Audio Pulse P1100 Pulse Transformer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2017 at 6:36pm
Excellent, looking good.

Looking at the wirewound resistors top right, do you replace the original thick film soft start with wirewound?
simonp1100 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonp1100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2017 at 6:46pm
No, the wirewound resistors are for the supply for the SG3525 (VAUX), had a few of these that were open circuit in a few older repairs of these amps. The ceramic ones for the soft-start can be replaced with a NTC but i am sure the 20R ones that are fitted are no longer available.
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2017 at 9:23pm
Ah yes ok.  Don't think I've ever seen one fail which is why I didn't think of it.

Not tried to buy any of the thick film ceramic resistors for a while but then again I've been somewhat dormant in the Pulse repair business for the last couple of years.
simonp1100 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonp1100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2017 at 10:00pm
The VAUX resistor/ zener circuit has blown a couple of times on some of the older generation C-Audio ones and these resistors were later updated on the XS series to 27K 2 Watt. Looking at Farnell, they do make the 20R value but are out of stock at present. Last time i tried to get them they said they were discontinued but that was a while ago.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12