Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Microphone+Piano

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parisxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Microphone+Piano
    Posted: 23 July 2017 at 4:00pm
Hey, I'm a total complete newbie when it comes to audio, and I hope to find and answer to an issue I'm having.

I want to do a classic serenade for my SO, and it would involve live music, the only issue here, is I dont know how to connect a microphone and an electronic piano to the same speaker. I plan on using a backpack sized portable speaker, which has a single 3,5mm jack input. Although I'll use a portable speaker i'll have access to electricity so if a solution would involve something that needs to be plugged in, it's not a problem in the slightest, also I can bring my macbook if there's a software that could be a solution also. The main goal is to have a microphone and the piano connected to the speaker, and to be able to adjust their volume separately, so one doesn't overpower the other.

Sorry for the dumb post, and thanks in advance for helping!
cookie-dj View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2017 at 6:21pm
try this. It is one of the most basic mixers I have ever seen, but I'm sure it would work. Just plug in your mic into a channel, piano in other channel and then plug your speaker into the out.

Edited by cookie-dj - 23 July 2017 at 6:21pm
You can't polish a turd!
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2017 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by parisxxx parisxxx wrote:

Hey, I'm a total complete newbie when it comes to audio, and I hope to find and answer to an issue I'm having.

I want to do a classic serenade for my SO, and it would involve live music, the only issue here, is I dont know how to connect a microphone and an electronic piano to the same speaker. I plan on using a backpack sized portable speaker, which has a single 3,5mm jack input. Although I'll use a portable speaker i'll have access to electricity so if a solution would involve something that needs to be plugged in, it's not a problem in the slightest, also I can bring my macbook if there's a software that could be a solution also. The main goal is to have a microphone and the piano connected to the speaker, and to be able to adjust their volume separately, so one doesn't overpower the other.

Sorry for the dumb post, and thanks in advance for helping!

If you have the freedom to choose, just use a powered speaker with built in mixer - quite a few types feature this nowadays - LD Systems, Yamaha, JBL, EV, QSC, all do quite a few for example.
So, no external mixer needed if you choose the right speaker Thumbs Up
imageoven View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imageoven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2017 at 12:36am
Originally posted by parisxxx parisxxx wrote:

I want to do a classic serenade for my SO

What's a 'SO'?
Keep pushing on, things are gonna get better.
cookie-dj View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2017 at 6:34am
Significant other
You can't polish a turd!
 Post Reply Post Reply