Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

advice for an RLA inspired system

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2022 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by Bams Bams wrote:

I saw your rig in club sound systems on facebook and was in awe, and reading this thread all over again just makes is more awesome. sometimes dreams do come true! 

Great colour by the way! 
And houw do you refrain yourself by turning it up to eleven with those slants on ear height? 

Thanks Smile I really like the pink, black boxes are so boring. Only issue is scuffs but I’ve resigned myself to be touching these up quite regularly!

The lenses, even if at ear level and really loud, don’t have that piercing sharpness that you normally get from comps on horns. Because the metal lens is in front of the horn, it softens it quite a lot. They are a bit low though, I’m going to build some wheel boards for the stacks and a small riser for the lenses, then angle them down. I could hear the HF bouncing off the girders so that should help a fair bit 

Edited by budney - 14 February 2022 at 6:45pm
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2022 at 7:33pm
Back in the seventies when we used to have a lot of 2395 lenses, all of our cases were were two part with a protective lid fitted on with f/case catches to protect the lens in transit and we used to use the lids for raising the main part of the casing when stacking the PA when it was required.

Edited by Robbo - 14 February 2022 at 7:41pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011