Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How To Set Up My Pa

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gen0me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2017 at 11:29am
Originally posted by Bishopsound Bishopsound wrote:

Sadly, myself or any of my engineers do not have the time to prepare anything and in any case, I would prefer it to be written

What engineers?
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2017 at 1:08pm
Andrew,just for clarity, obviously you are using Chinese sourced drivers,but do you build your own cabinets in-house here in the UK,or are they sourced from another supplier,or made abroad also?

Don't wish to appear nosy,was just curious.

Be seeing you.
Bishopsound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bishopsound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2017 at 1:47pm
Hi Ian - I make some cabinets in the UK and some in my own little factory in China. I make all my own drivers/woofers and buy in all the component parts from trusted friends I have worked with for over 20 years.

I only started up again 18 months ago because customers said that they could not find what they wanted at a sensible price. All of our new line array (released early 2018) will be built here in Yorkshire.

There is a certain sound I need and could not find this without building my own drivers and cabinets.
I do not buy cabinets or drivers from anyone else.

Many people just want to buy my drivers for their own speaker projects and I am happy to supply although originally I only stocked these as replacements for my cabinets, just in case.

I also keep a few re-cone kits as accidents happen.

I hope this helps, you are not nosy.

Andrew
Bishopsound.com
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2017 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by Bishopsound Bishopsound wrote:

I need some help, please. Some customers are asking me for a simple guide to setting up PA. I would like to recommend or give freely a copy to new DJ's and Bands that need some help.

Secondly, customers are buying my 18" and 21" drivers and asking for plans. My feeling is I should promote this forum so that they can get help from other members. Is this acceptable?

Any recommendations, please?

I would say point them to this forum and the various pages on wikipedia which offer a comprehensive overview for example

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loudspeaker_enclosure
DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2017 at 11:18pm
Why not design some plans?

If fane, b&c and eighteen sound are providing basic plans foc then I'm sure it would help your sales too.
cookie-dj View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2017 at 6:54am
The time you have spent on this forum, you could have used win isd, enter TS of your drivers and design some basic reflex cabinets accordingly. It took me maybe 30 mins from inputting TS specs to a basic model on sketchup.
You would be much more respected by forum members and potential customers to do your own work, rather than copy someone else's.
Surely, your "engineers" who designed your cabinets and drivers have the knowledge to design new cabinets?
Unless they haven't been designed in the first place and just copied....

Edited by cookie-dj - 19 August 2017 at 6:54am
You can't polish a turd!
Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2017 at 7:33am
His engineers use a Chinese copy of LMS so maybe there's a language barrier. I wonder if they come over to the UK for a day trip to design and engineer the speakers.
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2017 at 8:53am
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

If you're making money off of said guide, by attaching it to your sales, and you aren't capable of writing one yourself I would personally think that you should pay somebody knowledgable to write one for you, rather than asking for help for free on a forum.

Maybe that's just me?

I am with you on that Kyle!!!
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bishopsound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2017 at 9:52am
My cabinet engineers are British and all live in/near Ripon - If you would like to learn more give me a call on 07973223949.
Thanks
Andrew
andrew@bishopsound.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bishopsound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2017 at 9:59am
Hi Jon

This is a good idea, Thank you. I will incorporate this feature into my new website.
Originally I only brought in the drivers as replacements for our speakers (spares) but people started buying them (and ordering specials) for their own projects to great success.

Andrew
Andrew@bishopsound.com
richardhx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardhx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2017 at 8:59pm
Hello Andrew, Good to see you engaging with this site, Hope you find a good way to add such to your website. Video content suits people who do not like to read lots (with better audio): why not show your users how to set up their PA system. Explain Lifting safely, avoid trip hazards, basic stuff for positioning vs room and microphones etc...

One of the things I regularly tell possible buyers including DJs is to use RMS figures only. Some manufacturers will say recommended amplifier power range too for their speakers. Your website uses a mixed economy of peak and RMS wattage in some areas. I would hate to think you are pitching the quality at the end of the market that uses peak to sound powerful! It could make sense if you are selling the drivers separately, to investigate cnc cut flat packs that enable you to sell drivers, amps and cables to suit.

On a Facebook forum, you posted promoting your speakers, to which I asked a question via PM, still not got any answer, if you want to use Facebook, it would be worth answering questions if you post there. 
making the word clear

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bishopsound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2017 at 9:41am
Hi Richard
I am in the process of removing all references to Peak and Program power and only quoting RMS. I agree with you 100%. I always quoted RMS at Carlsbro and I will put a message in my news today and do a video.

As regards Facebook I am still learning how to use it and sometimes I don't see all the direct messages. I am getting some training on this in September.

The best way to ask me questions is by an email or by SMS text or just call me on my mobile 07973 223949.

Thank you for your feedback and I fully agree with all your comments.

Andrew
andrew@bishopsound.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12