Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

15" horns

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nagihr Jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 15" horns
    Posted: 17 August 2017 at 6:12am
Okay. So I blast reggae in my house and in my driveway at cookouts. I like a strong accent in the 60hz range and nice response down to 40hz. The choices are two 15"scoops or two BFM 15" loaded T48 horns. For cookouts, there will be 50 people at most. Which should I build? Which is better and why?
Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2017 at 6:48am
How good the 40Hz response on either of these will be depends on what you mean by "in your driveway" - will you be able to put the speakers next to a wall (or better still up against two walls in a corner?) 

If reggae is overwhelmingly your genre of choice then two scoops will be a great option. 

Even if you're not able to load them to a wall, given 50 people max and the vibe you describe you'll probably be alright just boosting the lower bass notes with EQ. 
Nagihr Jones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nagihr Jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2017 at 7:19am
Yes i will be able to load them against the side of my house. Sometimes i like to play my electric drumset and bass guitar through the system too
VECTORDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VECTORDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2017 at 3:54pm
JBL Copy Scoops
Nagihr Jones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nagihr Jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2017 at 7:11pm
The double 15s or the single one?
_djk_ View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _djk_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2017 at 10:10pm
The 4520 (double) has much better bass.
djk
VECTORDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VECTORDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2017 at 9:45pm
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2017 at 7:10am
haven't compared 4520 (double) and 4530 (single) side-to-side, but can confirm that 4520 kicks serious ass. put some wheels under it though Ouch 
 Post Reply Post Reply