Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Modernising Crest CA9 to speakon..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlysays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Modernising Crest CA9 to speakon..
    Posted: 18 August 2017 at 2:36pm
Got an old crest CA9 with binding posts and apparently no bridge switch that I can find.

Have bought a panel to screw onto the back of the case and NL4MPs. I'm fine with hooking these up to the binding posts to run it stereo but if I wanted to have a third NL4MP for a bridge output how would I go about wiring that up?

Could I leave that third bridge speakon constantly hooked up and if so what connections do I need to make with it on top of the other two speakons which will be used for stereo use.

Whats the deal with the lack of bridge switch? Can the amp be bridged just at the output terminals or does that missing switch do something to the input stage?

Any tips much appreciated..

Cheers
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2017 at 3:00pm
yes the bridge switch duplicates the mono input and reverses its phase before inserting it into the other channel.
Kevin

North Staffordshire

radi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote radi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2017 at 3:29pm
If it doesn't have the 3-way AB external switch, it should have either jumpers or a switch located inside, "hiding" on a board near the output terminals.

Edited by radi - 18 August 2017 at 8:24pm
radi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote radi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2017 at 7:58pm
As for wiring, Channel A+ goes to speakON 1+, Channel B+ to speakON 1-. To prevent damage to equipment, loss of life or worse, I would not suggest leaving it wired up permanently as planned.

charlysays View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlysays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2017 at 12:06pm
Thanks guys... I think I'll stick to using it stereo mode mostly!
 Post Reply Post Reply