Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Buying and Selling > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Xtro horn v2 Phase bung / ring

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Requiem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xtro horn v2 Phase bung / ring
    Posted: 19 August 2017 at 11:55am
The age old problem of the strut supports breaking means I am after any old stock of the v2 Xtro horn, Only need the phase bung and ring, think I need one right now but would be willing to purchase multiple to insure us against any future breakages!

Edited by Requiem - 19 August 2017 at 11:55am
www.requiem-soundsystem.com

Custom Martin Audio WSX, USB & CSG Soundsystem based in Bristol
Requiem View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Requiem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2017 at 5:27am
Still looking for this... one or more if possible

tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2017 at 10:54am
Is it broken? Then glue it up, you might want to reinforca that
Are they missing? Then do a mold and a new one in 2 comp polyester fiberglass :-)
www.facebook.com/babysoundsystem
Requiem View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Requiem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2017 at 1:41pm
Its broken and really heavy solid resin, glue wouldn't work.
No experience with moulds or fibreglassing, never done it or anything like it in my life. need it to match the other 6 too.
Looked into 3D printing, very expensive.
Know there's some odd bits and bobs of old stock floating around its just finding that needle in a haystack ;)

munkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote munkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2017 at 3:02pm
Talk to wonky. He knows how to fiberglass. Get him to make 6, then they all match
the midtops!
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2017 at 4:12pm
It won't look pretty but the best long term method to prevent it happening again and save you cash would be to drill through the horn and bung, fit a long threaded rod through each side and then fill the gaps with resin or hot glue. Spray them black and done.
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2017 at 7:12pm
If it's just broken use epoxy, if it's more do it in fiberglass, ask people with boats, fairly easy.
You can even make a new one and put reinforcement in, just grease the parts & put them in gypsum flush with surface and cut off any excess gipsum with a knife or fill holes if needed.
You can also just use regular wet clay, holds its shape ok for a one-time mold and easy to shape.
Do it outside & wear gloves
www.facebook.com/babysoundsystem
Simon FTF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon FTF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2017 at 3:27pm
Since these are no longer in production, I can machine you some out of ply at a reasonable price.

Will need one to measure up though.

Drop me an email or PM if you are interested.
Requiem View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Requiem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2017 at 9:05pm
Hello mate, yeah machining some out of ply could be a viable option, as long as the finish was nice and smooth just like the resin of the originals , would you give me a rough quote after seeing some detailed pics before I commit to anything? they would need to be 100% exactly the same

Simon FTF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon FTF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2017 at 9:18am
The finish would be smooth so no problem there.

email me a couple of pictures and some overall dimensions. Length and throat diameter will be enough.

One point is if the support struts are breaking, they may not be strong enough when made in ply. We could swap this segment out for aluminium instead of plywood, but that will up the cost somewhat.

Anyways I don't want to intrude on this forum anymore by trying to sell to you. Send us an email over and we will discuss it further
 Post Reply Post Reply