Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RCF esw1018 new drivers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote doller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2017 at 12:10pm
No worries Earth . like I said that is a start point. as you settle into the night you can tweek it once you know the levels people are playing at. Good luck tomorrow.
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2017 at 12:13pm
"What I usually do is limit the power of the Crown 5000 by not opening more than about half the volume of them."

How do you do that? What is "half volume". Have you measured the -3/6/10dB points on the system relative to the volume control on the amp?

"Half the volume" is generally accepted as -10dB on the power output of the system. Each notch on the volume control is (generally - depending on the amp), a 3dB cut or increase, ie doubling or halving the power, not 1/10th.

Putting the volume control at "half" is a big mistake. Keep those at full and control the gain structure from your LMS/crossover.

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
Earth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2017 at 12:24pm
Hi Eartplug,
Thank you for the explanation.
I see now why i am getting my drivers blowedConfused.
finishing to setupwith  my new ultradrive pro DCX2496. 
Test drive will be tomorrow night :)
Cheers!
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2017 at 5:26pm
Ok, no problem.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.   Smile

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123