Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Warehouse system help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Warehouse system help
    Posted: 22 August 2017 at 11:10pm
   Hello, I've been trying to find a reliable set-up for the warehouse I work in. So far I've had 3 speakers die on me and I'm not sure if it's just because they are on almost continuously for 5 days a week, or just because of the quality. I did notice the receiver I'm using has a 110W output while the speakers are 70W (300 peak). The volume is normally turned up a good eight tenths of the way so I guess it's possible I just blew the speakers cause of the volume. So essentially I'm looking for a new set-up, or just a slight change to what I have.

- Currently I have a Sony 7.1 channel receiver (had a pyle, but the left output died) with a Niles ssvc-6 switch with 2 sets of speakers. Everything is 8 ohm.

- I'm going to need 3 (most likely) or 4 sets of speakers total to be able to hear the music in various work spaces. I figure that way I don't need the volume so high, but need the switch because some areas don't need to be that loud.

- Right now I'm looking at this and wondering if I could use it with the selector or if it'll just burn it out. http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Rockville-RSG10-Single-10-400W-PA-Speakers-Rockville-RPA5-Amplifier-DJ-Amp-/302053840571?epid=1320535136&hash=item4653cfd6bb:g:XCoAAOSwXYtYuPfX#rwid

- If this is a bad idea, I'm open to suggestions. I'm really only familiar with basic speaker wire, so I'm not even sure what to get for the speakers in the link.

Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2017 at 1:44am
Originally posted by Glom Glom wrote:

The volume is normally turned up a good eight tenths of the way so I guess it's possible I just blew the speakers cause of the volume.
  Yep.. that is 3/10th past full output most of the time.

- Currently I have a Sony 7.1 channel receiver 
  Junk. Well OK not complete junk but it's not designed for what you are doing, you need a proper professional power amp. The receiver can stay as a source for radio or whatever as long as it has line outputs that can drive the power amp.

- Right now I'm looking at this and wondering if I could use it with the selector or if it'll just burn it out. http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Rockville-RSG10-Single-10-400W-PA-Speakers-Rockville-RPA5-Amplifier-DJ-Amp-/302053840571?epid=1320535136&hash=item4653cfd6bb:g:XCoAAOSwXYtYuPfX#rwid    
  I didn't even follow the link because all I needed to see was "Rockville" to know that is total junk.

Go buy a Behringer iNuke1000 and give that a try with the speakers you have, connect it via the Pre/main connectors on the Sony if so equipped, remove the jumper and connect the pre outs to the Behringer inputs, you then just have to turn the amp controls up and use the Sony as you normally do.

Edited by Conanski - 23 August 2017 at 2:14am
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2017 at 2:56am
Try a 100v line amp.... and tap off on really long runs all around your warehouse.

That's what I would do...

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2017 at 10:38pm
^^This, you can run a lower power tap in areas where you want the sound to be quieter and vice versa, I worked in a factory years ago and someone in my department (not me....) had connected the speakers to the highest power tap, it was loud.....

......like local radio station flat out loud, it wasn't fun after a very short space of time....LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply