Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Linea 44M20, any users?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logsquared1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by Marvin Marvin wrote:

I have been using them for second successful year and very pleased with their performance.

What kind of loads are you driving?  What types of music?  TIA

MPASOUND View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MPASOUND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 5:51pm
Another very happy user here. Odd that the comments are about the HF performance as that's the reason we changed to them and it's the only class D to to make me part with my much loved Chevins! 
It's just bits of paper flapping about in a box.
Marvin View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marvin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2017 at 7:26am
I play soca and reggae but system has been on hire for roots revival, R&B, hip hop etc

Let me say amplifier plays well on 13A mains power supply "minimum here in UK" some other branded amplifiers trip the 13A supply when trying to produce certain levels.

Thumbs up for me for these amplifiers
Combe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Combe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2017 at 9:44am
Does anyone else have an opinion on the 44M20 ?
dylan-penguinmedia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2017 at 9:58am
We’re in the process of switching from Powersoft to Martin badged Linea’s - there’s a bit more than a badge change though with the VU-NET control going on - the swap made a lot of sense with how we work and what we work with.
We got our first one at the end of the season so it’s only been out a handful of times, but initial feedback is good - it’s light, powerful, easy to use, I know notes on sound quality are subjective, but that seems to be a win also. (I’ve not used it yet, will let you know my thoughts after this weekend!)
Pasi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pasi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2017 at 10:55am
Originally posted by dylan-penguinmedia dylan-penguinmedia wrote:

I know notes on sound quality are subjective, but that seems to be a win also. (I’ve not used it yet, will let you know my thoughts after this weekend!)

Well, considering you are starting from Powersoft...

moyano View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moyano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2017 at 11:36am
Originally posted by Pasi Pasi wrote:

Originally posted by dylan-penguinmedia dylan-penguinmedia wrote:

I know notes on sound quality are subjective, but that seems to be a win also. (I’ve not used it yet, will let you know my thoughts after this weekend!)

Well, considering you are starting from Powersoft...

Pasi, do you think that Martin Audio and Danley are wrong to go with them ? Shocked
Pasi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pasi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2017 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by moyano moyano wrote:

Pasi, do you think that Martin Audio and Danley are wrong to go with them ? Shocked

Commercial decisions aren't most often based on good sound, but all other aspects of the trade / product. But for sound quality, yes, they are wrong on this one.

Problem is for majority of people even in here, that you can't find anything good sounding too easily nowadays.

But if i'd go for the best sounding all-rounder, it definitely is APA.
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2017 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by Pasi Pasi wrote:

Originally posted by moyano moyano wrote:

Commercial decisions aren't most often based on good sound, but all other aspects of the trade / product. But for sound quality, yes, they are wrong on this one.

Problem is for majority of people even in here, that you can't find anything good sounding too easily nowadays.

But if i'd go for the best sounding all-rounder, it definitely is APA.

Fewer stories of massive hardware failures on Powersoft and Linea mind how many APA are back at HQ for a major, required hardware upgrade right now? Do sound lovely of course, just don't ask me to do a rack of 20 via the AudioCore software please.

Edited by toastyghost - 30 November 2017 at 4:31pm
Pasi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pasi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2017 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Fewer stories of massive hardware failures on Powersoft and Linea mind how many APA are back at HQ for a major, required hardware upgrade right now? Do sound lovely of course, just don't ask me to do a rack of 20 via the AudioCore software please.

Once again you don't know the whole story and ignore things happened in the past ;)

XTA / MC2 are upgrading their system so that Delta and APA share same software & control. Hence the upgrades. Powersofts used to fail left right and center while sound engineers described them as crime against humanity and were wondering how on earth it was legal to make so bad sounding amps.

Linea DSP units what several companies use, those 2 in 6 out have had huge amounts of display board failures and for some reason their output pin2 shows 0 ohm resistance when measured to mains ground? Go figure.

You will always have your buyer's bias since you've heavily invested on Powersoft and you pretty much ignore the issues with them happily. Just like people did with Heritage3000 etc. when Midas products failed and had loads of issues. But because they paid such amounts for them, nobody admitted that they were unreliable and since Midas took care of them very well users didn't mind.

What comes to software, each of us learn their own ways. You hate Lake, i as a certified programmer like it. Especially when used correctly on touch screen, which it was always designed for...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12