Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

budget physical light control surfaces?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: budget physical light control surfaces?
    Posted: 03 September 2017 at 2:52pm
im looking for a budget lighting controller, something like a PC wing, with a hardware programmable control surface. Only going to be say a max of 12heads, led pars and a few generics.

Anything out there other than the Chamsys offerings? Can't justify the spend on the crappy jobs i do haha. Determined to stick to my budget kit budget rigs plan, leaving the proper stuff to the many local folks who have the kit and infrastructure already.

''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
James Tengo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Tengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2017 at 12:36am
How budget? Do you want just faders and bumps, or do you want encoders as well? Have seen mini wings change hands for £400 recently, is that budget enough? Or if you don't mind learning MPC, the M-touch is sub £500 new. Or an old pearl for the same sort of money.

I love my budget rigs, but the control is where I put money. It's better to have a good, easy to use control that is capable, than faffing about with a less than ideal system. I've got an maxiwing that has run some pretty big festival stages, but has also run 12ch of dimming and a few pars and disco twiddlers for a wedding. I'd miss the buttons if i went with anything smaller!
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2017 at 2:46pm
picked up an avolite Azure desk, not quite as flexible as i wanted, but its certainly good enough for what i want to do
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
 Post Reply Post Reply