Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Diode help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Diode help
    Posted: 06 September 2017 at 12:27pm

I have this dead diode physical damage. On it it says 1R 4C I have been trying for over 1 year to get a replcement. Nobody here seem to know what I can replace it with. Any idears what one I can use? It is an old Technics SE 9600. I am not a electronics wizz so simple please.
Pinyorouk View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinyorouk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2017 at 1:54pm
Service manual is here: https://elektrotanya.com/technics_se-9600_service.pdf/download.html D509 in service manual is part number RVD10D1 Google brings up:

NTE116 (Standard Power Diode, 600 V, 1 A, Single, 1.1 V, 30 A)

as an equivalent. 18 Pence from Farnell UK.

I would make sure there are not any other defective components like transistors and resistors as it is unlikely for the diode only to be damged. This diode is in the protection circuit. If in doubt, send to someone with experience in repairing amplifiers.

N.B Please don't click the the NTE116 above or here as it takes you to ebay with a part of the wrong type.

Edited by Pinyorouk - 06 September 2017 at 2:23pm
APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2017 at 2:46pm
The diode is fed from a relay that is in turn fed from the mains transformer secondary, Any standard 1 amp rectifier diode would work in that position, a 1n4005, 4006 or 1n4007 or similar would be OK.

Edited by APW - 06 September 2017 at 2:47pm
doller View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2017 at 3:16pm
Thanks guys. APW that is in exacly the position that you mentioned. The cap next to it blew up. big bang. I replced that and it was working fine for about 3 months then the relay started cliking on and off. Traced it to that diode.
Didn't find the service manual. Thanks. Good to know.
I understand what to buy now. Thanks again.
 Post Reply Post Reply