Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Buying and Selling > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Amp(S)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2017 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by Earplug Earplug wrote:

Ah ok - the "Hola" confused me.    Smile 

I have amps, but postage would be excessive.   Ouch

LOL

Hola is what crusty types put on Facebook as an abbreviation (or can't spell) of holler, as in shout.
It was tongue in cheek piss take on my part as the pricing I'm expecting was in the realm of such.

English: Confusing

What have you got anyhow? Post not always too bad
It's everything, not everythink!
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2017 at 4:34pm
I have a couple of Harrison P900´s a Studiomaster and DAS H4000, all going cheap...  Smile

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2017 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by Majestic Majestic wrote:

i have a ppx900

PM Sent
boominbob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boominbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2017 at 7:49pm
Theres a psl vp1216 on ebay. 2x 600 4 ohm.
Needs service apparently.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2017 at 8:59pm
Thank you all. Got a broken Peavey 2600 for 170 with repair bill (bit more than I wanted but it was a risk) and a Dynacord 2400 for 250 in perfect serviced shape. So did well.
APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2017 at 10:52am
what 2600 PV or GPS?
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2017 at 2:28pm
Na, not gps, all fixed up and on mid top. The Dynacord is EVP3000 😁
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2017 at 8:58pm
The later 2U 'PV' amps seem to get a bit of a bad press I find but I can't really fault them to be honest, a pub I used to look after and do the odd gig in had a 1500 running 2r and it never missed a beat, and it got thrashed. My mate installed a 2600 in another pub, also running 2r, that also got thrashed (as in, DDT lights constantly lit for hours on end!) and also never missed a beat.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2017 at 9:44pm
Agreed, but when they go they get messy. Mine was done at Zenworks and his text said, "It's done, what a mess, £120" :)LOL

njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2017 at 10:02pm
Yep, I think that's the reason for the aforementioned bad press, when they work, they're bloody good amps, but when they fail, unlike the older 3 or 4U PV's or CS's which are a relatively easy fix it's usually skip time....Dead
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2017 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by nickyburnell nickyburnell wrote:

Agreed, but when they go they get messy. Mine was done at Zenworks and his text said, "It's done, what a mess, £120" :)LOL

Straight and to the point... I like that! Who's your guy and is he London based?
If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2017 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by mini-mad mini-mad wrote:

Originally posted by nickyburnell nickyburnell wrote:

Straight and to the point... I like that! Who's your guy and is he London based?

https://www.facebook.com/zenworksengineer/

Zenworks Taunton. Hugely competent
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12