Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Buying and Selling > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PHL 15" Driver

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2017 at 11:34pm
As I mentioned, in my experience you get shifted magnets more often than blown drivers.  However when they do go, they cremate themselves due to only being a 3" VC and being designed to run hotter than some other manufacturers.

Hopefully you can recover the one you've got.

Saw a job advertised at ATC recently, would have loved to have applied but not really in a position to relocate at the moment :(
Jimmer View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2017 at 5:56pm
My hunch is a slight shift of the pole piece, causing a slight rub of the voice coil. But it must be ever-so slight. If the Magnet splits when we pull it apart i'll be screwed! but its the risk I have to take.

ATC are a lovely company and its in a beautiful part of the Cotswolds .... you could do an awful lot worse Smile
Light travels faster than sound....That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!
Meat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2017 at 6:31pm
Surprisingly, we have quite a few here in France. Here's a guy selling some:

https://www.leboncoin.fr/image_son/1072369649.htm?ca=22_s

You'll likely have to speak French though. Price is high because people here think depreciation dosen't happen in France, that and leboncoin is about getting your haggle on.

Don't test the champignon sound
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2017 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by Jimmer Jimmer wrote:

ATC are a lovely company and its in a beautiful part of the Cotswolds .... you could do an awful lot worse Smile

I visited their factory probably 20yrs ago as a kid and my interest in audio/speakers was just starting, had a listen in their demo room etc.  I've wanted a pair of their studio monitors ever since but for the time being have had to settle for building my own inspired by them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12