Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best lightweight amp for bass ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Safetyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2017 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by charlysays charlysays wrote:

Originally posted by Safetyman Safetyman wrote:

Is there such a thing as an amp that you can easily lift, that will do bass with up to ik per channel, and affordable ?

Matrix UKP2100X can be had for as little as £180 each, weigh about 7kg and are 1050w X 2 at 4r or 2.1kw 8r bridged. I've been using them on sub (30-80 hs usually) just under clip for over a year no worries. They do an impressive job for the cost/ weight- they can certainly throw around 18sound 18nlw9000.

Thanks for that. I had an XP 3000, I think it was, many years ago, and that was absolutely amazing on bass. It sounded like someone was tapping the bass driver with a sledgehammer. Sadly, there was a problem with the circuit board( not sure what exactly ), and Andy swopped it for a 5000. The 5000 was not a patch on that 3000, though .... Not heard anything to rival that 3000 since..... :D
Protect your hearing, and feel the music.

MU South East Roving Safety Rep.
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2017 at 2:33pm
if you want 2 xp3000h... we can talk.
SouthwestCNC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2017 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

Powersofts are the best lightweight amps, for sub.

If you need affordable, look at SAE.

False economy, looking for really cheap lightweight to do 4 ohm sub.

Wouldn't say they were anymore.. Linea research just 0.5kg heavier @ 20kw rms over 18,000 so called watts.
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2017 at 4:33pm
Yeah, they're good but, have you actually put them side by side? Cos I have, several times, and I'll keep my K20 ta. Also said 'so called watts' have been powering the ATLAS side of the Large Hadron Collider since launch so you know, pretty good bench test and that.

Edited by toastyghost - 03 October 2017 at 4:34pm
SouthwestCNC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2017 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Yeah, they're good but, have you actually put them side by side? Cos I have, several times, and I'll keep my K20 ta. Also said 'so called watts' have been powering the ATLAS side of the Large Hadron Collider since launch so you know, pretty good bench test and that.

Haha yes but watts have no value without time hence 'so called'. Its interesting you say you've had them side by side. what did you find?. Everyone ive spoken to has that has compared them say the 44m20 is more powerful but always good to hear other opinions.

Edited by SouthwestCNC - 03 October 2017 at 5:51pm
Sinai Sound View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinai Sound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2017 at 6:08pm

I do like to mention the Hadron Collider thing to people when they start asking about the K20 Cool
Mikkel View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikkel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2017 at 6:50am

Have you got a link to any literature bout that, im really interested to read anytging about lhc. Espessially if they using sound gear in their equipment Clap
Sapro2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sapro2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2017 at 9:18am
Originally posted by Mikkel Mikkel wrote:

Have you got a link to any literature bout that, im really interested to read anytging about lhc. Espessially if they using sound gear in their equipment Clap

Have a look here:

https://cds.cern.ch/record/1232062/files/CERN-TE-Note-2010-001.pdf

Just search for K20 in it. They use two in series on each generator.
Splat Soundsystem
Baby Sham pram Soundsystem
Sapro - SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/sapro
DJ Sapro. West country free party DJ and Producer.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12