Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Plans for 65-250hz band bass horn?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noviygera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Plans for 65-250hz band bass horn?
    Posted: 22 September 2017 at 11:14pm
Hello!

I am looking at the Funktion One F215 mk2 and Turbosound tsm 215. These are BPH, correct? 
I'd be up for building some if there is a plan that is similar in size and covers 65-250hz. Anyone build something like that?
Recommended BPH plans for 12" or 15"?
regards,
Herman
noviygera View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noviygera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2017 at 11:26pm
correction: meant to say Turbosound tse215
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2017 at 11:45pm
Just have a little look at "cubo kick" ....

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
noviygera View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noviygera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2017 at 1:09am
mini-mad,
which of the cubo kicks will play down to let's say 70hz? how many will I need per side?
thanks!
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2017 at 1:23am
The 15s should play down to there according to the data... how many per side? 20!! 20 per side... mate, I don't know how big your audience is! If it's a kids party the 1 will prob do. If it's an outdoor festival with 500ppl dancing about maybe 6per side.

Has a read up on the kick bin. It's got great reviews and everyone that has built them has a story to tell. Read for a bit and you should be able to gauge what you think you may need.

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2017 at 5:40am
http://hornplans.free.fr/turbo_bph238.html

well they're the plans for the old turbo bph. read up on anything you're considering building though. bph to 250hz is asking a lot.. that's much higher than most would take them.
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2017 at 4:55pm
i`d say - go for FLH instead of BPH if you want clean upper bass/lowmids..

T-Bone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T-Bone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2017 at 2:05pm
+ 1 on that, I am still considering Cubo Kick 15's with Faital neons OR John Inlow's 215 FLH from 80-200Hz then to my EAW Tops for Big Events.
BASS, how low can you go!
 Post Reply Post Reply