Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Guess the cab

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2017 at 6:35pm
I can see how they get 1000 watts out of that. The voice coil reads 0.1 ohm.
Certainly the original driver. I airbrushed out the sticker on the side
Kevin

North Staffordshire

nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2017 at 7:38pm
Makes the guilt of buying Studiospares and Thomann cheapo drivers less so...

Mind you, looks as good as many a Community cab I've seen inside

Edited by nickyburnell - 02 October 2017 at 8:55pm
It's everything, not everythink!
100 Volt-line View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 100 Volt-line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2017 at 10:33am
I have a pile of EV Evid 6.2T's.  Took one to bits once and was very disapointed with the cheapo drivers inside.
studio45 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studio45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2017 at 3:47pm
I use a couple of the 12" version of these with my big loud covers band, as floor wedges - they get a *very* hot supper, shall we say - so far no driver failures in 12 months and even been used as the main LR speakers a couple of times. The bass player sometimes goes out DJ'ing as well, and has used them for that - no subs, no problem, plenty of bass still. One amp module did sh1t itself just before a gig necessitating a warranty repair, but apart from that I've been super impressed.
Studio45 - Repairs & Building Commotion Soundsystem -Mobile PA
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2017 at 2:09am
EV is an upscale brand but that is their entry level powered speaker at about $500us retail, so no this is not a high end box and you will not find a $300 neo driver in it. It is rated 1000w but that is peak.. figure around 250w rms. I own a bunch of these things and they have made a pile of money for me with zero failures over 4 years now. No they aren't the best sounding or highest performing speaker available but they are probably the best sounding/performing self powered speaker in the $400-500 bracket which along with everything else means great ROI for a rental business.
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 6:41pm
^ pd dont build cabs efinque.. + dont manufacture anything as flimsy as those drivers pictured above.. Ermm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123