Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Powering rcflf18x451

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love2all Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Powering rcflf18x451
    Posted: 03 October 2017 at 8:53am
So....i have been testing some rcflf18x451 in some scoops recently. Drivers are power hungry and are 1800w continous at 8ohm. I tested a 5k monoblock across two and four scoops however the amp was running out of steam well before the drivers started moving....

I then played two scoops across an inf8mk2 in 4ohm bridge giving a supposed 7k watts and the difference was immense...that said the amp was clipping well before the speakers reached their capacity.

Looking for reccomendations outside of a powersoft k20 to see the true potential of the drivers. What do you think?

Edited by love2all - 03 October 2017 at 8:54am
SouthwestCNC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2017 at 9:25am
Linear research 44m20 would be my choice of weapon, it is Rated in RMS unlike powersoft which is rated in peak watts which is a worthless figure.   

Edited by SouthwestCNC - 03 October 2017 at 9:26am
fatfreddiescat View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatfreddiescat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2017 at 10:08am
https://forum.speakerplans.com/speaker-failure-investigations-thread_topic99366.html

Different driver, same manufacturer using the same power rating method.
love2all View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love2all Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2017 at 11:14am
These were far from being fried....linea research amp looks impressive but in the k20 region where i cant currently invest... looking for other heavyweight options
 Post Reply Post Reply