Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Limitations of 18" Hog Scoop Design

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love2all Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2017 at 8:56am
Perfect opportunity for OP to hear some hogs being thrashed at the next UOD when Imperial Sound Army turn up with 6 loaded with tmax drivers....crazy SPL last time i heard them but couldnt be sure they were dropping low.
_Natty_ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Natty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2017 at 4:53pm
He broke almost all set in this unod festival...then switch for others speaker

Edited by _Natty_ - 06 October 2017 at 4:54pm
Jhodas View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jhodas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2018 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by love2all love2all wrote:

Perfect opportunity for OP to hear some hogs being thrashed at the next UOD when Imperial Sound Army turn up with 6 loaded with tmax drivers....crazy SPL last time i heard them but couldnt be sure they were dropping low.

Bit of a necro: but I heard them (Imperial) at Scala. Nice, quick tight, _windy!_ Gorgeous sound. 
But those turbo's are strangled in hogs. I've heard WSP and Iration get a lot more out of them. And I don't know what Shanti has at the other end of that powersoft, but good grief, it was enough to confuse the image stabilisation on my phone. Those Straven boxes must be a state secret. 
Until the Lions have their own historians, tales of hunting will always glorify the hunter.
Meat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2018 at 6:35pm
What's the goal here?

If you have access to steamers and CNC then you could just unfold the horn of any design that does what you need it to, refold in a way that looks very cool but wouldn't be practical for tour boxes and bingo (after much work, cups of tea and swearing) you'll have something ridiculous and unique looking.

If it was me then I'd use that kit for making fancy mid-high and just go tried and tested for the bass but maybe with accents that make them fit with whatever beauty you've built to sit on top. People can see the mid top from further away so making it look nice has a greater effect.

I saw this because wood bending is far more used for the mid-highs. There are a few examples of bent wood in bass speakers (the final reflector in many scoops, HD15, ASS BS500/600/1200, old turbo). I did bent ply for my first build (Eminence 12" flare). Tricky but satisfying. Would have been easier using a wood steamer rather than just putting the parts in the bath and forming them with piles of bricks lol.
Don't test the champignon sound
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2018 at 7:04pm
If I had the resources the OP had, I'd be looking to build 21" version of HOG or Martin WSX.

Or maybe 2x18" Version of the WSX..
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123