Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FF6000 Rack Case

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinmono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2017 at 12:44pm
The whole reason I started on this exercise was to get the FF6000 flightcased up, as it had been going to gigs in it's original cardboard box, aka the "Italian flightcase".

Now it's in it's rack case here's the almost last stage of this project - foaming out a case to fit.

Finishing & painting is done so last thing to do is to refit all the electronics and tidy up the cable management inside.
colinmono View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinmono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2017 at 4:53pm
Wiring up everything in the bottom of the case before adding the mixer (soundcard, USB hub, lamp and mixer power lead).

Edited by colinmono - 03 November 2017 at 4:58pm
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2017 at 8:59pm
Thumbs UpVery neat!
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2017 at 12:51pm
Thumbs Up
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
RoadRunnersDust View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoadRunnersDust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2017 at 6:17am
Nice Thumbs Up
colinmono View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinmono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2017 at 4:43pm

In use... worked a treat, very pleased with how it turned out.
thatface View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thatface Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2018 at 6:33pm
Sorry to revive an old thread but mate, this is exactly what I need in my life. Sad to say I don't have access to any tools/workshop as I've just moved over to the UK from Aus.

Do you think this would work as an off the shelf solution? https://www.signalsounds.com/erica-synths-horizontal-eurorack-case-side-panels-6u-pair-dark

I'd probably need something connecting the two side panels to strengthen it up but I won't have to invest in much more than a screwdriver, some wood screws and 2x4 to sort that out.
colinmono View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinmono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2018 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by thatface thatface wrote:

Sorry to revive an old thread but mate, this is exactly what I need in my life. Sad to say I don't have access to any tools/workshop as I've just moved over to the UK from Aus.

I'd probably need something connecting the two side panels to strengthen it up but I won't have to invest in much more than a screwdriver, some wood screws and 2x4 to sort that out.

Not entirely sure to be honest; I don't think there are any rack mounting strips included, so you would have to screw the mixer to the wood (ok I guess if you want to leave it permanently attached) or fit your own mounting hardware. You'd also need to check they are deep enough, that page suggests it is to suit 100mm deep modules, the FF6000 is a bit deeper irrc.
thatface View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thatface Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2019 at 3:19pm
As I'll just be using the mixer at home, I would want to leave it permanently attached. However, I've realised that i they're for 6U and I believe the FF6000 is 7U.

Would you sell a pair of your side panels?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12