Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Ported Enclosures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

G-Sub + F2B

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: G-Sub + F2B
    Posted: 10 October 2013 at 12:22pm
Hi !

I searching for a suitable extension to my martin f2b subs. the original sub extension was the FSX bass which is hard to find and not really the "up to date" solution. the gsub looks similar to me so thats the  reason i ask for your advice. 

do you think one gsub will come along with 2 f2b's ? i think that stronger drivers than the p300 or 186 are necessary - can you recommend a driver which would fit? did somebody here try this before?
(i think about 1.5 or the 2 kW per driver)

we tried to extend the f2b's with X1cabs and found out that we need minimum 4 X1 (for 2 f2b's) to make that thing sound good. (we play tekno) but as i mentioned above i would love a "one box" solution. 

maybe also of interest: the f2b's are equipped  with RCF L15 554k 

any suggestions and thoughts are welcome!

thank you,

george

bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2013 at 8:05pm
whats wrong with 4 V18-1000 loaded x1s a side :)
"G-subs" wont give you the low end you are looking for.. some real infras are needed..

your f2bs wont make a one box solution unless we talking 6-8 a side.. no matter what drivers they are equiped with..

Either a efficient 2 bass solution for smaller rigs or a 1 bass solution if you can handle the required footspace/size of a longhorn/hybrid stack :)
siox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2013 at 8:26pm
i mean one gsub under 2 f2b's with a "one box" solution. 

can you recommend a "infra" design?

what i tried so far with the f2b: D&B B2 - really hard to get it in phase. D&B J-Sub in infra mode - this was very nice,  but absolutely unaffordable. 

buying used cabs is also an option for me.

the SA AB 36 looks also interesting to me, as well because second hand cab's are affordable. but there is no chance for me to hear them anywhere. 

Edited by siox - 12 October 2013 at 8:27pm
studio45 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studio45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2013 at 9:26pm
Using the M4 controller carded for the F2 system, James Folkes has great success running F2B and X1 cabinets together; IIRC he takes the "sub" output from the M4 (intended to run FSX cabs) and uses one channel of a DCX2496 (with the crossover filters off) to apply 120 degrees of phase rotation to that signal. This puts the X1's and F2B's largely in phase over the region where they overlap, and works extremely well.
Studio45 - Repairs & Building Commotion Soundsystem -Mobile PA
 Post Reply Post Reply