Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gsub grill + top options??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 303rake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gsub grill + top options??
    Posted: 22 October 2021 at 10:23pm
hey guys,

I recently built 2 Gsubs and I've loaded them with precision device PD.188 drivers. I'm just adding the finishing touches now, I'm looking for a particular type of grills for them id like them to be  circular ones that fit over each driver only and not the entire front of the speaker. ive attached a link with a picture of the sort. could someone drop me a link where I can buy these I've tried blue arran and Thomann but they don't seem to have them in.

2) secondly i was wondering if someone could suggest a  few midtop options to go with the gsubs. something that i can source plans for online.

3) also could someone tell me the name of the top in picture on the page that I've linked

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/pd-186-precision-devices-loaded-g-513443912 - http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/pd-186-precision-devices-loaded-g-513443912 

thanks in advance for any info/input on this. ow and if this seems a bit nooby its my first build chill it    ConfusedLOL 
zigzagwanderer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zigzagwanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2021 at 11:08pm
303rake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 303rake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2021 at 9:35am
yep they're the ones don't know how I missed them. thanks

do you think they would fit the pd188s?

Edited by 303rake - 23 October 2021 at 9:43am
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2021 at 10:19am
Any direct radiating subs or bass cabinets are much better and safer when fitted with full frontal grilles.
If you like removing handbags, coats and glasses from the open ports at the end of the gig then go for the cheap and nasty round grilles but you may also come across the problem of the drivers suspension or cones hitting the inside of the grille on deep bass notes as the Xmax is premium on a ported cabinet.
It is much better to spend the extra few quid in cost at the outset on a full G sub grille.
knet94 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knet94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2021 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by zigzagwanderer zigzagwanderer wrote:

Are these not what your talking about ?

Horrible things. Couldn't wait to get rid of the ones I had. I totally agree with Robbo above.
303rake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 303rake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2021 at 8:26pm
thanks for the advice 
Sonic the hedge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic the hedge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2021 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by knet94 knet94 wrote:

Originally posted by zigzagwanderer zigzagwanderer wrote:

Are these not what your talking about ?

Horrible things. Couldn't wait to get rid of the ones I had. I totally agree with Robbo above.

Agree, we used to call them 'Kev grilles', as in 'Kev Disco' LOL

Markie is your man for proper grilles:

djkeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djkeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2021 at 9:45pm

Markie is your man for proper grilles:

https://forum.speakerplans.com/member_profile.asp?PF=974
[/QUOTE]

For sure he made me some nice grills with a return on them to be fair when constructing the Gsubs this feature could have been factored in. My old GSub with full grill I sold years ago

Edited by djkeet - 23 October 2021 at 9:47pm
Soundbite
 Post Reply Post Reply