Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Guess the driver-cab

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2017 at 3:53pm

i used to own an ev sba 760 active subwoofer it was built like a tank used to give out solid bass i have heard a lot of active subs and a lot of them sound dead LOL
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2017 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by DMorison DMorison wrote:

Perhaps my sarcasm didn't come through as well as intended - I meant to allude to the fact that it could be only a 175W (continuous) driver, with the 700 being only valid for short term peaks.
I suspected that and agree.. EV doesn't do a great job specing these consumer level audio products. But that said these are well liked boxes that do sound quite good and are reliable, a muppet would really have to drive the living piss out of it to break something.

Originally posted by DMorison DMorison wrote:

EV's choice to describe the product as a 700W system without specifying what measurement criteria that's based on could lead some to believe it's much more powerful than that.

Contrast that with say the Yammi DXS12 (admittedly 1.75x the price), which actually bothers to specify that its amplifier delivers 950W "dynamic" and 600W continuous, and one can at least make a slightly better informed judgement as to what to expect based on the specs.
Slightly better yes, but we're still only talking about 12" subs so power ratings are going to be misleading and only a fool would expect these things to thump like an 18" sub.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2017 at 7:32pm
Most of the common buyers at this budget level ARE fools. So...
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2017 at 8:03pm
Dreadfully common eh what?
Phase 1: Post on Speakerplans
Phase 2: ?????
Phase 3: Profit!
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2017 at 8:43pm
Terrible not to have Marjan's money, must make me a fool. Arrogance, the mark of a real fool.

Edited by concept-10 - 18 November 2017 at 8:44pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123