Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Halfinator build - LiFePo4, Bluetooth, HP-10W

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eshroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Halfinator build - LiFePo4, Bluetooth, HP-10W
    Posted: 21 January 2021 at 1:20pm
My halfinator build with HP-10Ws and PHT-407Ns. Started with some CNC cut ply, we got the sketch up design a bit wrong, but managed to make it work. CNC cut grooves make it much easier to screw together without having to glue to prevent air leaking out.

I also made my own custom battery with built in BMS. The cells were cheap LiitoKala LiFePo4 cells advertised at 7ah, in reality they push out 6ah, which is still excellent. In 6s2p, the battery is 12ah 19.8v. An alternative I considered was https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-4500mah-6s2p-30c-lifepo4-pack - removable batteries. - Turnigy 4500mAh 6S2P 30C LiFePo4 Pack, but I'm happy even though my battery is almost 2kg - and it lasts forever.

I cheaped out on the amplifier with a https://aliexpress.com/item/1005001504672923. - 100W TPA3116D2 and added a separate https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32985158255. - bluetooth receiver board, actually I tried to make the whole thing as cost effective as possible with many parts ordered from AliExpress. The amp isn't great, after summing the input to mono, the gain seemed to drop significantly, I also don't think the amp can handle top volumes. For normal indoor listening the amp was still extremely good for the price. There is pop and since I added the bluetooth there is hiss too.

I have now got hold of a Sure Electronics / Wondom JA31182 and will install it soon. I'm hoping this will be a big improvement.

Messy wiring as the speaker was taken apart and put back together for testing and adding bits.

Fused, two power switches to isolate battery for charging while powered off or running directly off mains power. The Wondom board would negate the need for this, as it can handle battery charging, but I will probably still keep things as they are.

Voltmeter with built in two QC 3.0 USB charging points.

Happy with how the final thing has turned out, aluminium edge trip, acoustic foam and black grill to give the speaker some extra protection from bashing and some splash resistance. I just wish it was a little lighter!

Edited by eshroom - 21 January 2021 at 1:27pm
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2021 at 5:50pm
well done!

Nice to see some more diy projects on here :)
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2021 at 7:45pm
Yup, nice to see people building again. Good job!
kipman725 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kipman725 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2021 at 11:06am
nice job, looks sharp.  You should stick a 35mm pole mount in it so you can raise it above the ground.
eshroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eshroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2021 at 4:45pm
Thanks for the comments, and great shout on the pole mount!
macGee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macGee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2022 at 7:58pm
Halfinator looking good!

How is the Wondom JA31182 performing?
eshroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eshroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2022 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by macGee macGee wrote:

Halfinator looking good!

How is the Wondom JA31182 performing?

It is a very good amp, but I am not too happy with the gain. Cheaper amps gave the speaker more power with no clipping or distortion. Apparently the new JA31182 has adjustable gain, so I might upgrade. But clarity of sounds is great, it's clearly a high quality amp.
Benrioch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benrioch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2022 at 3:51am
Hi Eshroom, thinking of building a Halfinator msyelf for use as a bicycle rig (cargo bike). Are you happy with the performance?
Beau23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beau23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2022 at 6:30pm
Hello there, 

Feel strongly like this is a stupid question, but i figure that if anyone know it will be you lot.

i have a rickshaw with a nice minirig built system but i want to put a few more speakers next to it for a 12 volt free party tomorow. Can i run any speakers on a 12 volt system? 

Any advice or help would be really appreciated.
07535071298 is best way to get in touch. 
simulatoren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simulatoren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2023 at 11:48pm
Do you still happen to have the file for the cutout?
slaz View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2023 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by eshroom eshroom wrote:

In 6s2p, the battery is 12ah 19.8v.

How are you charging this 6S2P lifepo4 pack ?

Haven't looked recently, but a while ago I was tryting to find lifepo4 chargers for anything other than 4S or 8S chargers for lifepo4 ....

[Later] Ah - charging is handled by the wondom board ... sorry just spotted that.

Edited by slaz - 28 December 2023 at 4:20pm
REMEMBER....POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON
 Post Reply Post Reply