Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Halfinator style build - in stock driver options?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Halfinator style build - in stock driver options?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lost eden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Halfinator style build - in stock driver options?
    Posted: 11 July 2021 at 7:36am
I inline/roller skate with a group of locals & a couple of them have these 'ION Audio Block Rocker' boomboxes. They work okay, but they don't sound particularly 'good' & the single sided design doesn't work so well for skating around with them in the middle of a circle.

Then I remembered about the Halfinator design & figured it would be pretty much perfect, but it seems like the 10" drivers are out of stock everywhere & Blue Aran aren't expecting them until October.

Are there any viable alternatives to the HP-10W, or is it one of those cases where a design is so reliant upon a particular driver that it's not really worth building if you can't get it?

I like the idea of the Halfinator because it's a tried & tested design - I want something I can start building up straight away, rather than spending ages trying to sim something myself from scratch. Are there any similar designs that use drivers which are easier to get hold of? They don't necessarily have to be as cheap as the HP-10W.
markie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2021 at 10:27am
I have some Celestion 10" sub drivers which can be cheap.

The problem is there are no TSPs availsble for them. They were used in the old Substation 10 which was a bandpass design (I believe 6th order).

They are dual voice coil ( 2 x 200w) and the coils are 8 ohm so can be wired in parallel to make a 4 ohm unit.

They are new (Old stock). I bought last year ar the beginning of lockdown, and never did anything with them.

Edited by markie - 11 July 2021 at 10:28am
If it's got wheels or tits it's gonna cost a fortune
 Post Reply Post Reply